Quantcast

Patriots or Eagles??!?

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
Law is through for the season. He's on IR.

On the other hand Richard Seymor should be all healed up and healthy for the game.

Now I'm happy for you Eagle fans, but unfortunately the road ends here. Luckily with all of the guys you have signed under long term contracts and the state of the NFC and how terrible it is, they should have plenty of chances to win it all (unless Carolina can stay healthy, then there will be some competition).

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
Spunger said:
T.O is not the Eagles, but they sure do play a lot better with him :)

He WILL start Superbowl weekend. And he'll have around 100yrds and 1-2 TD's. That's what he's paid to do and he'll do it, especially stepping up in the Superbowl.

Patriots won't go easy though. Ty Law should hopefully be back and add some better defense in their secondary. It's going to be a close game this year. I would like to see Phili win it...........something like 27-21. Score will be that close. I know it :)
TO will NOT be a factor if he plays. To come back from that type of injury 6 weeks later and even find yourself on the field is amazing, but this is the superbowl. If it were a regular season game against any division opponent, TO could theoretically put up 100+ and a couple td's. This is the SB, against a defense that shutdown Indy, the league's hottest offense since the Rams of 2000. Ty Law was put in injured reserve before the regular season ended; but it obviously hasn't hurt the team.

Like someone else said, Westbrook could take over the game. But I see the Pats taking him out of it like they did with Edge, Indy's top 3 receivers, and the Bus. I predict it will be the Pats, with competition nowhere near what the Panthers did last year.

El Jefe

Dr. Phil Jefe
Nov 26, 2001
OC in SoCal
reflux said:
TO will NOT be a factor if he plays. To come back from that type of injury 6 weeks later and even find yourself on the field is amazing, but this is the superbowl. If it were a regular season game against any division opponent, TO could theoretically put up 100+ and a couple td's. This is the SB, against a defense that shutdown Indy, the league's hottest offense since the Rams of 2000. Ty Law was put in injured reserve before the regular season ended; but it obviously hasn't hurt the team.
Didn't you see TO jumping around on the sidelines? He was hopping up on the benches, dancing around... he's fine and he'll be ready. Six weeks for a severe sprain like his is pretty aggressive for most people, but when you have top notch doctors and trainers and your whole job in life is to get healthy enough to play, six weeks isn't an unreasonable feat. Even if they don't go to him often, just having him on the field requires that you dedicate some attention to him. This alone will help open up the field for Philly.

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
El Jefe said:
Didn't you see TO jumping around on the sidelines? He was hopping up on the benches, dancing around... he's fine and he'll be ready. Six weeks for a severe sprain like his is pretty aggressive for most people, but when you have top notch doctors and trainers and your whole job in life is to get healthy enough to play, six weeks isn't an unreasonable feat. Even if they don't go to him often, just having him on the field requires that you dedicate some attention to him. This alone will help open up the field for Philly.
You bring up good points my friend. I'll tell you what, if you think the Eagles are going to win, let's make a bet. If the Eagles win, I'll buy you a beer. If the Pats win, you owe me a beer. Deal?

El Jefe

Dr. Phil Jefe
Nov 26, 2001
OC in SoCal
reflux said:
You bring up good points my friend. I'll tell you what, if you think the Eagles are going to win, let's make a bet. If the Eagles win, I'll buy you a beer. If the Pats win, you owe me a beer. Deal?

Sounds good. You're on!

El Jefe

Dr. Phil Jefe
Nov 26, 2001
OC in SoCal
Motionboy2 said:
EAGLES!!! Finally they have made it this far!! I will be eating a cheesesteak durring the game to remind me of home!
You're a transplant too, eh? OK, I didn't grow up in Philly, but it was where I moved after college, and the place I really started my "grown up" life. Damn I miss South Street, the Art Museum on Sundays, Khyber Pass Pub, Jim's Steaks, Fairmount Park, Franklin Field (for the Penn Relays), drunken nights in Manayunk, my old neighborhood in Germantown.... Goddamnit, Philly just HAS to win the Superbowl...it's just the way it has to be. :D

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
El Jefe said:
Yep, he seemed fine to me. Give it another couple of weeks and he'll be good to go. I've had loads of ankle injury's and if you do the right things, 6 weeks is doable. Especially in the sports world, with the trainers and crap they're gonna make him do to recover. When you're worth millions to the team trust me, they will make you better :)

He's not as dumb as Randy Moss. That foolio just had to go out there for his own records and didn't care for the team, he just wanted to keep his game streak going so he suited up and played for 2 plays or something and just kept going. He's a good reciver but he's nothing to a team. There's no I in team. I imagine with T.O's personality he wanted in, but he knew he'd just hurt his team being in and being hurt at the same time. He can be selfish at times but he's helped the WR's on the Eagles more so than anyone else. If they could just get that wussy Pinkston to not be scared of the ball :drool:

Either way it'll be a good game. I want to see the Eagles win but I don't really care for either team that much. As long as it's a good football game that's all I care about.