Quantcast

Pat's Peak Race, NH

yopaulie

Monkey
Jun 4, 2009
NH
The dates are July 11 and 12. I know, the Highlands GES race is the same weekend but the Pat's Peak event will be set for the same weekend every year. That being the weekend following the 4th of July.
All the info should be here but feel free to e-mail me with any questions.
http://www.patspeak.com/summer/bike.php

paul.adams@bowebellhowell.com

The course will basically be the same as most seemed very pleased with the track. The only change will probably be at the very end, maybe some berms and jumps. Looks like we will have a Hardtail class too.

So if you are looking for a chill event and race come check it out.

Oh yea the Pub will be open.....beeeer....mmmmm.

Paul,

John P.

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Golden, CO
Paul-

That was a great race last year on a superb course, but I can't believe Pat's has dug in their heels and are determined to conflict with the GES Highlands race. I totally understand their wanting to have some consistency year-to-year with having it on the same date, but someone there has to understand that there has to be a little leeway if they want a successful event. It's one thing to conflict with some random race hours away, but when you're conflicting with a race that's part of the biggest gravity series on the east coast (maybe the nation?), it's being held at a mountain that's 45 minutes away, and that particular mountain happens to have a super dedicated customer base due to their long season of lift serviced riding on world class DH trails, it just seems like someone would have said, "OK, here's where we make an exception to our rule."

Anyway, good luck with the race. I hope that even if there are low numbers this year they still hold another DH race next year.

--JP

cogs

Monkey
Feb 13, 2005
The Highland race is also a Gravity East race. So.. I double whammee for the Pats Peak Race.

Is there anyway to change the dates?

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
Paul-

That was a great race last year on a superb course, but I can't believe Pat's has dug in their heels and are determined to conflict with the GES Highlands race. I totally understand their wanting to have some consistency year-to-year with having it on the same date, but someone there has to understand that there has to be a little leeway if they want a successful event. It's one thing to conflict with some random race hours away, but when you're conflicting with a race that's part of the biggest gravity series on the east coast (maybe the nation?), it's being held at a mountain that's 45 minutes away, and that particular mountain happens to have a super dedicated customer base due to their long season of lift serviced riding on world class DH trails, it just seems like someone would have said, "OK, here's where we make an exception to our rule."

Anyway, good luck with the race. I hope that even if there are low numbers this year they still hold another DH race next year.

--JP

For sure. and then watch it get nixed next year due to 'poor attendance'

yopaulie

Monkey
Jun 4, 2009
NH
Guys,

I couldn’t agree more about this being the worst weekend of the year for the DH race. To give you a little background on Pat's Peak, Weddings are the main money maker in the summer and the bike event 2nd. The main man at the peak completely understands the date conflict but because this is a "bike festival" with 24/12/6 hr XC, USA cycling XC (state champs), and DH state champs they should still make money.
Lee, I would say that if we have a couple of years with horrible attendance they yea the DH could be cancelled but Pat's Peak likes to offer 3 events to the weekend. I think that even if they were to only come even (not this year) they will still have the DH because of the "festival" atmosphere.

So in the end all I can do is hope that maybe we will have some newbie’s come and give us some numbers.

You guys already know the track you should shoot by and win your class....and some shwag!

Paul,

John P.

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Golden, CO
Man, if you could get them to move the race time to something super early or super late (say, 9AM or 5PM), I'd definitely be up for trying to race both Highland and Pat's Peak in the same day! . . . But I realize that's probably a pipe dream.

On a related note, unbeknownst to me, I actually won my class there last year (against one other dude who clearly signed up for the wrong class), so I guess I'm the reigning NH State DH Champ for expert 30-39. :-) I didn't realize I had won, though, until this year when the powers that be at USACycling cited that race as the sole reason why I couldn't downgrade to Cat. 2 (despite getting my ass handed to me in every other race I entered). Good times.

Anyway, have fun at Pat's - - that new fork should drop a solid 5 seconds off your lap times!

yopaulie

Monkey
Jun 4, 2009
NH
I thought the only races that counted toward upgrades/downgrades had to have 10 people minimum in the class. Oh well now you can use the "you know I am a state champion" line on the ladies. And yes the fork will definitely drop 5sec off my runs....once I stop crashing for 15sec every race!

See ya,