Quantcast

Pauvre Martha

J

JRB

So she's really gonna go to jail. How bad is it really??? Will it be??? Sure it'll screw up bowling night, but I have no idea what those prisons are like. This is federal right??? She has to do the whole thing or is it 80%??? Why would it be different than if she were McVeigh or someone??? All these questions.

*this is in no way to discuss guilt. I just don't know what it's about and thought someone might. If I asked on MoJo it would turn into a slam. That ain't what I'm hoping for.

J

JRB

I won't think you are an ex-con if you know something about it. I am just curious.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
No idea how Martha's trip will go. But a friend of my went to the pokey for a week for a stupid drunken act. To prevent the usually traumatic jail experience they spared him general population. Put him in solitary and he refused his daily hour in the yard. Got out two days early for good behavior.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I think she did it and should go to jail

*discuss amongst yourselves*

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Honestly I don't know. It could be Club Fed, or OZ.

I do know that is gonna be one snazzy lookin cell. Matching drapes, handpainted flowers on the bars, the works!

What pisses me off is the amount of time she got. 5 months for acts that cost people thousands and put peoples financial lives in jeapordy. Her cell mate is probably doing 4 years for a petty drug charge. You tell me which is worse! I'm not looking to start a debate, just venting a little :)

J

JRB

stosh said:
I think she did it and should go to jail

*discuss amongst yourselves*

Please at least edit this to not be a discussion about Martha. I guess the title was a poor choice, but I am really just wondering about the federal pen thing.

J

JRB

Westy said:
No idea how Martha's trip will go. But a friend of my went to the pokey for a week for a stupid drunken act. To prevent the usually traumatic jail experience they spared him general population. Put him in solitary and he refused his daily hour in the yard. Got out two days early for good behavior.

What did he do??? I would consider a stupid drunken act as doing some huge ugly chick. I had no idea that would carry jail time.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
loco-gringo said:
What did he do??? I would consider a stupid drunken act as doing some huge ugly chick. I had no idea that would carry jail time.
Challenged someone to a foot race home from a bar, he took a shortcut across 11 car hoods at the local car dealer. They only convicted him of a violation (or maybe a misdemeanor) but gave him the max posible sentence + repatory damages.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Federal prisons have a lot of white collar offenders locked up. She's a short timer too. They'll send her somewhere soft. i'm sure she'll write a book on how terrible it was and make money off it, but they're not gonna put her in danger by sticking her in with violent offenders. She'll put herself in danger if she lips off and get's bossy but i bet she gets back to her spring garden without a scratch.

fuzzynutz

Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
Chicagoland
hahaha, she's going to white collar prison. Have any of you seen one of those. It's like a razor wire fenced off retreat. I've seen some that had individual housing units for the inmates. It looked like a vacation spot with tight security. She'll definately have time to create some lovely floral arrangements for the other inmates.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
loco-gringo said:

HAHAHAH! Really...solitary confinement for a stupid drunken act? I'd like to hear more about this stupid drunken act...

I've perfomed many a stupid drunken act and have never been put in jail...I almost did twice in one night though...at bass lake during a bachelorette party...we were F*CKED the F*CK up and I thought it would be a good idea to take a golf cart there at the resort for a joyride....well the lady sherrif saw me and wanted to take me in for being drunk in public. I had tripped and fallen onto the golf cart, ripped my shirt, my friends were picking me up and we were all dying laughing. They talked her out of it, and she let me go...later that night I got kicked out of the bar (why, I plead the 5th here) and then some young gentlemen that were staying in a house on the resort property invited us to a party there...well around 3 am or so, the SAME lady sherrif showed up and well...some of these fellas were only like 20 so she was threatening to round em up and haul em off...and I saw her before she saw me so I hid in a closet narrowly escaping her wrath.

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
Sure! I bet you wanted your lady cop friend to slap those cuffs on you nice and tight!

J

JRB

dh girlie said:
HAHAHAH! Really...solitary confinement for a stupid drunken act? I'd like to hear more about this stupid drunken act...

I've perfomed many a stupid drunken act and have never been put in jail...I almost did twice in one night though...at bass lake during a bachelorette party...we were F*CKED the F*CK up and I thought it would be a good idea to take a golf cart there at the resort for a joyride....well the lady sherrif saw me and wanted to take me in for being drunk in public. I had tripped and fallen onto the golf cart, ripped my shirt, my friends were picking me up and we were all dying laughing. They talked her out of it, and she let me go...later that night I got kicked out of the bar (why, I plead the 5th here) and then some young gentlemen that were staying in a house on the resort property invited us to a party there...well around 3 am or so, the SAME lady sherrif showed up and well...some of these fellas were only like 20 so she was threatening to round em up and haul em off...and I saw her before she saw me so I hid in a closet narrowly escaping her wrath.

Recently??? That's good stuff when you are phucked the phuck up. :D

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
dh girlie said:
Some of my friends are the biggest morons on the face of the planet, I could go on for hours with stories on how they got arrested doing stupid things.

My favorite one though is my friend nicknamed "Swift" who walked into a police station all wasted to talk politics with the cops. After he started calling them facists overcompensating for having small weens they locked him up for public drunkeness.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
Westy said:
Some of my friends are the biggest morons on the face of the planet, I could go on for hours with stories on how they got arrested doing stupid things.

My favorite one though is my friend nicknamed "Swift" who walked into a police station all wasted to talk politics with the cops. After he started calling them facists overcompensating for having small weens they locked him up for public drunkeness.

Jeebus...that's kinda silly...why'd he do such a thing...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
dh girlie said:
Jeebus...that's kinda silly...why'd he do such a thing...
He is an idiot. Been arrested 3 times. One from above, another for chasing a bus down the street (would have been let go with a warning but he verbally abused the cops again) and the third time he was admitted to the ER with alcahol poisoning and caught with a fake ID, underage at the time.