Quantcast

Pawn Stars, American Pickers, Ax Men

badphish

Monkey
Feb 28, 2008
I believe 8-12%. It's been a while since I was involved there, more like 14 years.
I worked at a pawn shop for a few years in high school and college, about 12 years ago. The interest rate was 21%. Generally we would loan half of what the item was worth. I saw a lot of crazy **** there. People will pawn anything. The weirdest thing I remember was a glass eye. Saw a ton of cool guns and guitars. We had a customer that would pawn his 15 year old boombox, worth about $5, regularly. I bet each time he pawned it he paid $100 back. Sad.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
I don't really care so much about the people on the show. I love all the equipment and the process. I like the underwater logging too because I think it's fascinating how detailed the wood comes out. It's cool to see how potentially dangerous it can be as well.

+1 for Knuck for liking the guy with no teeth he's probably the only guy I like as well.
I have logged most of my life and can say that those bunch of yahoos are nothing but drama queens and stage everything possible. it is amazing they even get anything done.

on a real site you will show up before dawn and bust your a$$ to cut your board feet and be done by noon for the yarders and cats to reset for the next day.

those guys just screw around all day

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I have logged most of my life and can say that those bunch of yahoos are nothing but drama queens and stage everything possible. it is amazing they even get anything done.

on a real site you will show up before dawn and bust your a$$ to cut your board feet and be done by noon for the yarders and cats to reset for the next day.

those guys just screw around all day
Yeah I believe that. Like I said I mostly watch it for the equipment and procedure.

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
The worst part is that one of my favorite shows, "Operation Repo" is a show I always just happen to flip to when it's 1/2 way through the show.

I finally taped an episode, and there's some stupid disclaimer about "These videos are manufactured after instances that actually occurred in real life" or some crap like that.

How does a channel called "TruTV" get away with manufacturing "reality television"???

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
The worst part is that one of my favorite shows, "Operation Repo" is a show I always just happen to flip to when it's 1/2 way through the show.

I finally taped an episode, and there's some stupid disclaimer about "These videos are manufactured after instances that actually occurred in real life" or some crap like that.

How does a channel called "TruTV" get away with manufacturing "reality television"???
i want to throw my tv everytime that show comes on. ive seen better "acting" on Maury

jsg04

Monkey
Aug 29, 2006
Got totally hooked on Madhouse as well.
I watched the whole season and I have to say that may be one of my favorite reality based tv show of all-time.

I can't believe they buried that show at 11, after 4 episodes of Axe Man. The ratings must not have been that good.

The people in that show were amazing. You can't get actors better than that. Chris Flemming going off after the last race and fighting that guy was priceless.

The famous clip from 08'

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I watched the whole season and I have to say that may be one of my favorite reality based tv show of all-time.

I can't believe they buried that show at 11, after 4 episodes of Axe Man. The ratings must not have been that good.

The people in that show were amazing. You can't get actors better than that. Chris Flemming going off after the last race and fighting that guy was priceless.

The famous clip from 08'
Nice find!

I think the cool thing about the show was the fact that you got to watch a race season.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
American Restoration. New show that's an offshoot of Pawn Stars. Good stuff. Quite impressive work those guys do.
Is it the Coke machine dude? Some of the work he's done on pinball and juke boxes blew me away. I would love to restore old crap like that.

ridiculous

Turbo Monkey
Jan 18, 2005
MD / NoVA
Pawn Stars, Storm Chasers, Tosh.0, Lie To Me, have to be my favorite basica cable shows. Swamp people was rather awesome for the couple of episodes I watched.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I watched a few parts of that show and was blown away. I used to watch Jerry Springer when I had a bad day, but Swamp People make Jerry's old guests look civilized.
for real, watching a bunch of red necks running around killing alligators just isn't entertaining to me.

dhmike

Turbo Monkey
Dec 20, 2006
Boise Idaho
American Restoration. New show that's an offshoot of Pawn Stars. Good stuff. Quite impressive work those guys do.
i saw the commericals for this show and i like rick when he's in pawn stars. i'm really impressed by his restoration work but i don't think a 30 min show on restoration would keep the audience entertained for more than a couple of episodes . then again IAB was entertained by american restoration so what the hell do i know .swamp people ftw ! i think i saw my uncle from arkansas in a episode of swamp people .

jsg04

Monkey
Aug 29, 2006
Seriously, Swamp People is horrible. I don't want to see rednecks wrasslin alligators. I want them fighting each other.

Bring back Madhouse.