Quantcast

PayPal and checking account

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
I'm trying to get it set up as I set up my checking account yesterday. PayPal says it's going to send me funds, then I send them back so they know it is me. How do I know if my funds came in from PayPal? I don't have my ATM card yet, it comes in next week early, but I don't know if I can wait or not. Any help?

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
ThePriceSeliger said:
I'm trying to get it set up as I set up my checking account yesterday. PayPal says it's going to send me funds, then I send them back so they know it is me. How do I know if my funds came in from PayPal? I don't have my ATM card yet, it comes in next week early, but I don't know if I can wait or not. Any help?
you either:

a) check your balance online, through your bank's online banking system
b) check your statement when it comes
c) get a mini statement from the atm when your card arrives

it takes about a week for paypal's tiny deposits to arrive anyway.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
You can go into your bank and ask them if they show any deposits from Paypal if you don't want to wait for your statement or ATM card.

It does take a while for them to come in, though, as Toshi said. I think mine took 5 days, and my bank does everything in real time on their website, so transactions show up instantly. You might have to tack another day onto that if your bank is slower.

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
My bank is normally pretty good about getting stuff out on time and updating quickly. I called them, and the funds didn't show up... yet. I guess everything is fine except paypal is slow to get out the 5 cents it owes me.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
ThePriceSeliger said:
paypal is slow to get out the 5 cents it owes me.
I ended up profiting approx. $0.35 from them! Yeah!

I'm gonna sign up 500 or 600 accounts and scam them out of a fortune! Woo!

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
binary visions said:

You would spend the next 67 1/2 years sitting at your computer wondering where the money is.

I use the intraweb to check my credit card balance, but I can't figure it out for my checking account. Maybe when I get my card it will work.

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
binary visions said:

I just thought this through, that means you would have 500 or 600 acounts all with a balance not over a dollar. To bad you can't combined them via intraweb. Basically you would have a huge ass change jar.

Potroast88

YouTube Boy
Jan 18, 2004
Bomb City
ThePriceSeliger said:
You would spend the next 67 1/2 years sitting at your computer wondering where the money is.

I use the intraweb to check my credit card balance, but I can't figure it out for my checking account. Maybe when I get my card it will work.
Do you use one of the local banks? I have an account at Amarillo National, and their website is not one of the easiest to navigate.