Quantcast

Paypal/Ebay with bank transfer safe?

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
so, if i pay with Paypal using a transfer, is there some sort of fraud protection helping me out?

i won a frame, and the guy/girl would prefer payment through Paypal, which seems ok with me. but he wants bank transfer to avoid credit card fees. i'm fine with that. but he/she registered the day he/she put up the frames (neither were super duper badass frames for $100. they were older frames, with low starts and no reserves). through the communication with him/her, i've realized he/she doesn't sign e-mails, which seems kinda odd. he/she's been quick to answer e-mail questions and such, though. his paypal, ebay, and e-mail accounts are all the same name.

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
Paypal offers protection you can buy if you're not sure about the sale....also you can always use a credit card anyway...it's just part of receiving payments through Paypal...post a link to the auction...D

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
use your credit card as BMXman suggests. extra layer of safety.

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
Isn't it only 3% for a credit card, offer to split the charge. Half is only $2.50. Though, they didn't specify that it needed to be a cash transfer in the auction.