Quantcast

Paypal Help Please!!!!

yearoftiger

Monkey
Nov 25, 2004
Bay Area
hey monkeys,
ok so i sent this guy money for a fork through paypal and im not too sure if he's gonna ship it out since i can't contact him. Is there any possible way to get cheated through paypal? i read the terms and it says u can only get ur money back if there is money in his paypal account...but im not sure. Has anyone been successful with the paypal money back procedure??? im worried the guy wont ship it....any advice would be really appreciated. thanks to all.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
yes, i've gotten money back through paypal before. the process takes quite a few weeks, however.

ctrailfreak

Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Independence,Mo
How long has it been since you sent him the money? If you send it from your bank acount it takes longer than if it was in your PayPal account. About three days to be exact. But if it's been weeks I would start to wounder!

rumor

Chimp
Jun 24, 2004
yearoftiger said:
hey monkeys,
ok so i sent this guy money for a fork through paypal and im not too sure if he's gonna ship it out since i can't contact him. Is there any possible way to get cheated through paypal? i read the terms and it says u can only get ur money back if there is money in his paypal account...but im not sure. Has anyone been successful with the paypal money back procedure??? im worried the guy wont ship it....any advice would be really appreciated. thanks to all.

Here's a letter I just received today (10 days after filing a complaint):redhot:

After careful review, we have concluded our investigation of the Buyer
Complaint described below.

We have decided in your favor, however, we were unable to recover any funds from the seller's account. As stated in the PayPal User Agreement, recovery of funds associated with a Buyer Complaint cannot be guaranteed.

Please know that we will make our best effort to recover the funds in question if they become available in the seller's account in the future and will take appropriate action against the seller. Such action may include issuing a warning, a temporary restriction, or terminating the account.
Keep in mind that PayPal uses a number of factors to determine when to take action, including member complaints. Due to privacy laws, we cannot discuss the details of any action taken. We hope you understand our policy and that it assures you that you are safe using PayPal.

trailhacker

Turbo Monkey
Jan 6, 2003
In the hills around Seattle
rumor said:
... and that it assures you that you are safe using PayPal.
...only if there is money in there account. Paypal is a racket. Not that I don't use it, but they are charging you for non-existant protection.
The way I look at it is they are simply a way to transfer money. No more, no less. If you feel it is a risky transaction then buyer beware.

rumor

Chimp
Jun 24, 2004
trailhacker said:
...only if there is money in there account. Paypal is a racket. Not that I don't use it, but they are charging you for non-existant protection.
The way I look at it is they are simply a way to transfer money. No more, no less. If you feel it is a risky transaction then buyer beware.
I can see that now. I had the "false sense of security" about using paypal until now.
Hopefully, since I always use my amex when paying through paypal, I'm going to have to give amex a call and see if they will do anything