Quantcast

paypal is giving me money?

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
So I went on paypal for the first time in several months and I noticed that I had a balance of $145. This is strange as the last activity on my account was two transactions of $145. The first one got denied and the second one went through. Now is the money sitting in my account because the guy didn't collect it or is it my account because the first transaction was denied? The transaction was on May 9th 2005 and I got the parts, so I don't want to screw this guy over if it is his money.

On the other hand I think I just found some money I didn't know I had.

The Ito

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
LOL Whatever, if you got the parts/money paid for them then that transaction is over. To be safe I'd email the person and make sure that they didn't accidently send you the money twice. Something had to be funny though because Paypal will always take their fees, so 2 transactions should have taken fees from each, and if that one had no fee taken from it then I'd guess it was just a mixup in their system.

But.......email the guy and make sure, and if he says nah, not my money then your $145 richer. But it may have gotten passed him in a bank statement or even online and he has no idea he paid twice for something and got charged for it.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Interesting moral dilemma you have here. Take the money without asking questions, or........ email the guy to make sure its not his

Choose wisely you grasshopper

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
ito said:
So I went on paypal for the first time in several months and I noticed that I had a balance of $145. This is strange as the last activity on my account was two transactions of $145. The first one got denied and the second one went through. Now is the money sitting in my account because the guy didn't collect it or is it my account because the first transaction was denied? The transaction was on May 9th 2005 and I got the parts, so I don't want to screw this guy over if it is his money.

On the other hand I think I just found some money I didn't know I had.

The Ito
I would check you bank/credit card statement too...