Quantcast

PCMall selling Macs with XP pre-installed

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
Sheesh. Yeah, I thought people would be all over this thread. IMO, this is pretty big. Grossly premature, but big none-the-less.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
pixelninja said:
Sheesh. Yeah, I thought people would be all over this thread. IMO, this is pretty big. Grossly premature, but big none-the-less.
One of the few times Apple will honestly call their product Beta :rofl:

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Sorry, guess I didn't see what was so huge about this. IMO, it was inevitable. Apple released the software and the drivers, why wouldn't it come OEM with dual boot operating systems?

Apple releasing Boot Camp and the drivers was huge. This is just an effect of it :D

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
binary visions said:
Sorry, guess I didn't see what was so huge about this. IMO, it was inevitable. Apple released the software and the drivers, why wouldn't it come OEM with dual boot operating systems?

Apple releasing Boot Camp and the drivers was huge. This is just an effect of it :D
I guess I was just taken aback by how quickly this whole thing has evolved, and that resellers are being allowed to sell Macs with Windows installed when Boot Camp is still in Beta.

DroppinaNorco

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
Sac Town
i really dont think its that big of a deal. i think it was actually smart of apple. IMO it will become a draw for people who wouldnt normally buy a mac to buy one, and then once they use it and realize how much better OS X runs and works than windows then they will just completely forget that their computer can run windows. just my .02