Quantcast

pdc fr's are shipping...

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
That looks really sweet. Question: In the second pic, the lower raw aluminum link looks like it's off-center compared to the rest of what I'm guessing is a bearing...? Is that just me? :confused:

jon-boy

Monkey
May 26, 2004
Vancouver BC
I just made a mess of my underwear.

That is a seriously tasty frame. Have fun building that beast up. Looking forward to the finished pics.

xy9ine

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
vancouver eastside
Jimmy_Pop said:
i like that horseshoe brake on the upper links.

sweet bike, enjoy. cait wait to see it complete and a review of how you like it.

joel
thanks. it should spec out to about 38lbs when finished (thats about 10lbs lighter than the tmx - crazy). i hope to have it rolling for whistler this sat.

xy9ine

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
vancouver eastside
AR_ said:
Unless you're in the uk, in which case you go to the lovely gentlemen Dan Cassidy just above you :)

Seriously sweet Xy. This replacing the Tmx? How light did you get that in the end?
yeah, the tmx is getting retired (coming soon to a buy & sell near you). kinda sad to see it go, but i really can't justify keeping it (too many bikes in the loft). it was sitting at about 47lbs - until i blew my 5th & had to bolt the avy back on last week. looks like i'll be doing my last ride on the shore tomorrow before it gets harvested for parts *sheds tear*.

jon-boy

Monkey
May 26, 2004
Vancouver BC
xy9ine... I now know who you are. Well put it this way, seen you a few times. That bike is hard to miss.

Wicked looking machine, is it a bit too much for the shore?

xy9ine

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
vancouver eastside
jon-boy said:
xy9ine... I now know who you are. Well put it this way, seen you a few times. That bike is hard to miss.

Wicked looking machine, is it a bit too much for the shore?
another one of those "i know you from the internet", huh? hi! apart from the heft, the tmx is a pretty decent shore bike - its actually shorter (~44" wb) and steeper than most current dh frames, so is surprisingly nimble. speaking of which, i'm off to cypress bikepark to see whats new. cheers!

xy9ine

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
vancouver eastside
just finished building the bike last night. weight is about 38.5 as it sits. a lighter fork is coming. the measurements look great (my preferences, anyways): 16.75" cs / 14"bb (w/. 8" fork @ 23.5") / 45.25" wb. hope to get it out this afternoon...

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I must say I was disappointed when Vitox mentioned that his pdc weighed in at 45 lbs...but yours, with the White, at 38.5 is astounding. I'm interested once again...hmmmm...looks so good with the DH2.0 on there.

vitox

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Santiago du Chili
Sandwich said:
I must say I was disappointed when Vitox mentioned that his pdc weighed in at 45 lbs...but yours, with the White, at 38.5 is astounding. I'm interested once again...hmmmm...looks so good with the DH2.0 on there.

nah thats not my bike but it was at 43 lbs with an avy and steel spring, land less with race wheelset.

just take my word for that its lighter than an m3 by around half a pound.

shagwell

Monkey
Jun 15, 2004
looks beautiful..

but could we have a photo with the seatpost at a decent extension? my only concern with those frames is how much the effective top tube will grow with the seat up a little higher. cheers!

xy9ine

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
vancouver eastside
shagwell said:
looks beautiful..

but could we have a photo with the seatpost at a decent extension? my only concern with those frames is how much the effective top tube will grow with the seat up a little higher. cheers!
tanx. it looks a bit funny in full-extension xc climbing mode (i've got a long post in there - thankfully, you can slam most of it), but the cockpit length fit's my 6' frame pretty reasonably. how much post exposure (oo la la) you want to see?

whoa! time to get out & ride! cheers!

shagwell

Monkey
Jun 15, 2004
the missus says she`d like to see another couple of inches if thats ok :D

its just i love the look of those frames but i tend to run my seat pretty much level with the bars heightwise and i cant tell if thats gonna make the toptube too long.

xy9ine

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
vancouver eastside
i got in a bunch of runs @ cypress bikepark last night. random observations:light bikes rock! flickable & fast. sprints really well; doesn't wallow in its travel, but sucks up the hits nicely. kinda vpp-esque i guess. the head angle is a little steeper than what i'm used to - though i'm running a flush reducer headset & the fork @ 22.5" - i might raise it a bit. carves corners really nicely. love the short rear & low bb. overall a tight package; i'm like, totally happy. side note: i'm impressed with the gamut guide - very quiet, does what its suppopsed to do, and weighs 1/2lb less than an e13; a nice piece.

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
shagwell said:
looks beautiful..

i'm hoping you just have a few terms mixed up. your effective TT length won't change with your post being extended more. your reach will change, but effective won't.