Quantcast

PDC Racing goodness

dropmachine

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Your face.
Spec looks fine to me.

Those bikes rock, just dump the dead ass Manipoo in the back. Such a disservice to such a fine machine.

Kyles a goddam ninja.

xy9ine

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
vancouver eastside
dropmachine.com said:
Spec looks fine to me.

Those bikes rock, just dump the dead ass Manipoo in the back. Such a disservice to such a fine machine.

Kyles a goddam ninja.
have you tried something other than the manitou on that frame? i'd like to see if a dhx air would fit (the 4 way air has clearance problems).

dropmachine

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Your face.
DHX won't fit, but a pushed RC probably would. Avy will fit.

I never tried anythihng other then the Mantitou with mine, but i hated how if felt. Just felt so dead.

I bet that bike with something more lively in it is good enough to start a new religeon.

bomberboy11

Monkey
Jul 15, 2005
At a computer...duh
Spec looks OK to me, as does the girlie, minus that mini rear brake. My thinking is: half the material in those jeans is already missing, so why even wear them? I think it would help sell more bikes too. I've noticed a direct relationship between amount of skin in ads and product sales for most things, particularly things that guys buy.

Damn I like that frame though. Such a good design. They just need to make the swingarm beefier than the Disco's and solve that chain-yank problem if it's as bad as on the Karpiels, although that lower link doesn't look to be as steep.

Uninterrupted seatpost tube....nice. Has anyone mapped out the suspension rates and axle path for this frame vs. the Disco? It would be interesting to see how much difference it would make placing the lower shock mount on the swingarm instead of the upper link or even the lower link as well as the chainstay growth.

vitox

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Santiago du Chili
dropmachine.com said:
DHX won't fit, but a pushed RC probably would. Avy will fit.

I never tried anythihng other then the Mantitou with mine, but i hated how if felt. Just felt so dead.

I bet that bike with something more lively in it is good enough to start a new religeon.
its called a DHS

ill try a roco on tuesday

gangstamaxx

Monkey
Sep 12, 2005
CT
Definetly give that shock an upgrade. Looks really good other than the 6 inch rear brake? Why the two different brakes also? I assume its just in proto stage still then?

ha ha, yeah the odd rear brake, was a bit of a rush to get the bikes ready for this shoot and the rear hayes hose snagged while filming with the bike on the morning so had to fit that odd little hope as its all we had with us at the time.

The forks are 05 888 with standard crowns.

Thanks.

Cannon

Chimp
Feb 11, 2006
Hi Dan, tried to contact you a couple of times, ya remember, i´m the austrian rider who "nearly"got a factory deal.......
Would have loved to ride the PDC in the austrian series and in schladming but seemed you didn´t want to talk to me after our first correspondence.....
Anyway, go with a UZZI VPX now, but thr PDC still looks nice!!!
Greetz, Cannon