Quantcast

Pdc

zedro

Turbo Monkey
Sep 14, 2001
at the end of the longest line
bpatterson6 said:
I like it. I'm hoping she will too. :thumb:
It also looks remarkably similiar to the Lawwill design that The New Rotec RL9 is sporting.
Im assuming it is the lawwill design.
What type of shock does it take? Will it take the progressive 5th Element?
no its actually a high single pivot with a modified chainline (pulley attached to the swingarm) with progressive shock linkage.

I'm thinking a 5th might not be the best choice, i think he already tuned the linkage for a really high rising rate (i beleive he designed it around an Avalanche or more linear type shocks). Of course they'd know best.

Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
east of Seattle
zedro said:
no its actually a high single pivot with a modified chainline (pulley attached to the swingarm) with progressive shock linkage.

I'm thinking a 5th might not be the best choice, i think he already tuned the linkage for a really high rising rate (i beleive he designed it around an Avalanche or more linear type shocks). Of course they'd know best.
The Avy would be a good shock on this bike. The Romic feels great. I didn't like the romic much before feelinig it on this bike. The frame ramps quite a bit.

No shock with a piggyback will fit on this frame. 5th is out for that reason. But they would not make a good combination anyway.

FlipFantasia

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Sea to Sky BC
it's an incredibly stable bike. the standover is as good as it looks too....I got to take one down lower joyride a couple summers ago and was blown away about 5 pedals into the trail.....for those that haven't had the pleasure, it's a nice steep, rocky root-infested tight trail, and the dh-one destroyed it! I thought my bb7 was plush, but it's nothing compared to this beast....it sure delivers a quality ride! pedals extremely well too!

WheelieMan

Monkey
Feb 6, 2003
kol-uh-RAD-oh
Yeah, I've always wondered if that frame accepts a shock with a reservoir. Looks kinda tight in there.

That frame design is absolutely perfect IMO. Rearward wheelpath, rising rate, no pedal feedback, low COG, low standover, good chainline. Doesn't get any better than that!

May 24, 2002
Boulder CO
zedro said:
the thing with high pivoted bikes is when you corner you want to weight foward, this actually causes the chainstay (and wheelbase) to shorten making quick turns easier.

I was worried too about being able to corner in the tight sections but its no problem, you just have to ride the bike differently.

Riiiggghhttt....you may be right for super tight slow corners but for higher speed bermed corners, or flatter high speed corners, the "gs" cause for extension...at least for me anyway...

Plus manuals, lofting the front wheel etc is more timely...not saying its an impossible bike, just different. Courses like Snowmass would be :love:

Being I've ridden a high pivot (BCD) and a quasi high pivot (cannondale), and FSR (Recoil), a lower pivot w/linkage (Giant) I think the best cornering bike for me was the Recoil, no extension...

I think putting something with SOME sort of platform on this bike works much better as it allows for the bike to ride stable and level through the corners if tuned right...just my .02cents though