TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
I do!

Streusel-top Peach Pie

Makes 1 9-inch pie

Crust -
pastry for 1 9-inch one-crust pie (use any that you like)

Filling -
4 cups sliced pealed peaches
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/3 cup all purpose flour
1/2 tsp. cinnamon

Topping -
3/4 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/3 cup butter

Directions -
Prepare crust.
Heat oven to 375.
In a large bowl, combine all filling ingredients; toss gently.
Spoon filling into pastry lined pan.
In medium bowll, combine all toping ingredients until crumbly; sprinkle over filling.
Bake at 375 for 40-45 minutes or until peaches are tender and topping is golden brown.

You can do this same recipe with apricot and blueberries too.
OR, you can add 1 cup of blueberries or raspberries in place of 1 cup of the peaches for some other delicious variations.

I also have a good Georgia Peach N' Pecan Pie recipe somewhere too.

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
Do you know this trick? I've had issues with soggy bottom crust. A friend of mine suggested coating the raw bottom layer of pie crust with a light brushing of melted butter. Does that work?

gg

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Do you know this trick? I've had issues with soggy bottom crust. A friend of mine suggested coating the raw bottom layer of pie crust with a light brushing of melted butter. Does that work?

gg
Not much of a baker but if you haven't already tried, bake the pie crust alone for a bit before you add the filling, this will harden it a bit and prevent it from absorbing so much goo. Poke a couple holes with a fork first.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!

gg
I haven't used butter before, but I have blind-baked my pie crust and then brushed them with egg whites before filling & baking so they don't get soggy.