Quantcast

Peach Vidalia onion Salsa recipe

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
I just made up a batch of salsa that is always in short supply at our parties and alway requested by friends when they know we are having a party.:rolleyes:

you will need
3 ripe fresh peaches
1 vidalia onion
1/4 - 3/4 cup of strained "Mae Ploy" sweet chili sauce (kinda like duck sauce with chilli flakes that make it spicy) you can find it at most asian markets.
1/4 cup sugar
1-2 Tablespoons of lemon juice
1 Tablespoon of butter
2-3 beers.

start by opening a beer and have a large swig...
now pitt and dice the peaches (the smaller the size chunks the better for scooping with chips!)
enjoy another swig of your choice beverage.
***depending on the size of the onion,*** dice about 1/2- 3/4 cup or like I did, 1/2 large vidalia onion. (it will usually take 1 trip to the bathroom to rinse my eyes about 3/4 the way through chopping so this is again a good time to swig some beer!)

Toss the butter into a large frying pan and melt it over medium high heat. (swig beer, and open new one)Toss in the onion and sweat it for about a minute. Sprinkle 1/2 of the sugar over the onions, and cook for another 2 minutes allowing the onions to mellow in flavor and take on some of the sugar. (swig beer) Toss in the peaches for a quick heat up. At this point adjust your flavor with the remaining sugar. If your peaches are super sweet you may not want to add any more sugar. Remove from heat, and toss into a sealable bowl. Add 1 tablespoon lemon juice and stir. (swig beer) Taste the mix.... Mmmm. (if it needs more lemon juice you can add a little more) now with a small screen type strainer pour about 1/4 cup of Mae Ploy into the strainer and with a spoon work the liquid through the strainer leaving the chilly bits behind. Stir the sauce into the peach mixture and taste. (swig beer) Now you can adjust your heat and flavor with more Mae Ploy. I and my friends like it on the spicy side, so I usually add up to 3/4 cup of the sweet chille sauce. Put a lid on the stuff and put it into the fridge. Let the flavors blend while you enjoy your beverages. I usually make this the night before a get together, so that it can sit and flavors can blend! Serve it with your favorite chips and you are set!

I hope you try this, if you do, I know you will like it. It is a different spin on Salsa!!!:thumb:

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
i decided it was too hot to cook onions inside, so i did the chipotle one.

3 very ripe peaches, diced
juice of one lime
half a chipotle pepper, minced
a splash of olive oil
salt
pepper
a handful of chopped parsley

mix well and refrigerate.

i had it over grilled pork chops. it was great!

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
narlus said:
i decided it was too hot to cook onions inside, so i did the chipotle one.

3 very ripe peaches, diced
juice of one lime
half a chipotle pepper, minced
a splash of olive oil
salt
pepper
a handful of chopped parsley

mix well and refrigerate.

i had it over grilled pork chops. it was great!
I will try yours if you try mine:rofl:

aw who am I kidding, I am a sucker for recipes so you know I am going to try it anyway!:thumb:

thanks for your recipe!

do you have Mae Ploy? I love the stuff! when I tell people about it most people are like "May what?" anyway, I am sure you can find it in Beantown!

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
SkaredShtles said:
Just sent an email to my buddy with a peach orchard to get a couple 20# boxes in August. I'm gonna have to try out this recipe with a few of 'em. :thumb:

Vidalia's never seem to make my eyes water... :think:
good! there are so many good peach recipe's out there, I am always looking for one more!

I know... I am not sure why this one did! it was fairly fragrant though!:help:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
brungeman said:
good! there are so many good peach recipe's out there, I am always looking for one more!
We've done a pork chop w/peach & dijon mustard sauce a couple times which is good if you have a $hitload of peaches around. :thumb:

I know... I am not sure why this one did! it was fairly fragrant though!:help:
Yeah. Usually only the cheap yellow onions get me.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
jamie oliver's got a peach-stuffed pork roast recipe i did once. construction is a bit messy and a bit frustrating, but it tasted great.

b-man, we've got some red chili sauce (in addition to the sricacha (sp?) but not that brand you mentioned. i will give that a go.