Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Man I love good peaches.
Fresh and raw or
Try em grilled with vanilla ice cream and mint
Or in a salad with goat cheese, toasted nuts and prosciutto
Or stuffed into a pork roast with lots of butter and thyme

:drool:
Yeah - usually we whip up a recipe of pork loin chops with peach sauce... it's really quite tasty. Especially served up with a nice Oregon pinot noir:

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
Yea peaches! I just this very instant came in from plucking about 30 of them off the tree in our yard. We also have an apricot tree but it's our first year here and I didn't know anything about when to pick them and the birds got to them practically overnight.

Good dish ideas there OGR. I'm especially looking forward to trying them grilled with vanilla ice cream.

I wonder how they'd be with bacon wrapped around 'em.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
I wonder how they'd be with bacon wrapped around 'em.
Cut your room temp peaches into 8th's, wrap in thinly sliced bacon or pancetta, and sear them 'til just brown in a pan or on a grill, then toss into a salad or just serve 'em as is. Toothpicks will help if you go with the grill.

Grilled stone fruit of any kind with vanilla ice cream is crazy good. Just cut em in half and lay em flesh side down on the grill for a short time, then add to a bowl with ice cream and drizzle with a little honey or maybe a mint syrup.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
A frost killed off tons of trees in our area this year. it sucks. the ones we are getting are from alabama and are just not as good as ones that come from closer to home. Frost killed off all the blueberries this year, we didn't get a one.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
A frost killed off tons of trees in our area this year. it sucks. the ones we are getting are from alabama and are just not as good as ones that come from closer to home. Frost killed off all the blueberries this year, we didn't get a one.
We picked blueberries in Oregon on our family vacation a few weeks back... kids got over 3lbs in about 30 minutes. And get this: $1.25/lb.

We had blueberry.... issues... for days. :D

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
We picked blueberries in Oregon on our family vacation a few weeks back... kids got over 3lbs in about 30 minutes. And get this: $1.25/lb.

We had blueberry.... issues... for days. :D
Haha! But at $1.25/lb, I'd embrace the subsequent "issues". I've never had fresh blueberries from the vine/bush/tree. Jeez, I don't even know how they grow. :o:

Hey Laura, I realize it's just not the same but have you ever tried dried blueberries? Like raisons but better because they're blueberries. I just came across them and they work okay as a (dare I say it) substitute. Well..at least a sub to the little container of "fresh" from the grocery store.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
Haha! But at $1.25/lb, I'd embrace the subsequent "issues". I've never had fresh blueberries from the vine/bush/tree. Jeez, I don't even know how they grow. :o:
They grow on bushes and are usually very productive:

http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&q=blueberry+bushes&btnG=Search+Images&gbv=2

Hey Laura, I realize it's just not the same but have you ever tried dried blueberries? Like raisons but better because they're blueberries. I just came across them and they work okay as a (dare I say it) substitute. Well..at least a sub to the little container of "fresh" from the grocery store.
I've seen these at Costco in 1.5lb bags but have never tried them. What's the flavor like? I'd imagine it's more concentrated, which would probably be quite tasty...

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
.....I've seen these at Costco in 1.5lb bags but have never tried them. What's the flavor like? I'd imagine it's more concentrated, which would probably be quite tasty...
Yep, got them at Costco and they are indeed very concentrated. A bit too much like candy so consumption happens in moderation.

If you get 'em let us know what you think.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
I have blueberry bushes at my house and they're delicious!!! I too have had dried blueberries (use them with granola and yogurt) and they're good, but in moderation because they are like candy!

Dried cherries...mmmmm...I have a cookie recipe that uses them and tastes just like black forest cake :drool:

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
OMG, black forest cake cookies....baked by TreeSaw....whoa. Based on the rumors I've heard about you, those should be some insanely delicious nibbles.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Def Leppard underwear? :rofl:
Def Leppard only wishes they had the lyrical prowess of this psycho.

Awesome.

Yah give it some of that hard core female aggression ****!

uh
a ha ha ha
uh
a ha ha ha
uh
a ha ha ha

Run cause one its begun lets double this fun
That’s great I am already wet
Lets get the plan set
Be here in half and hour
I’ll have him showered scoured deflowered
What kind of game is on
Am I brink of the brawn
Just come on strong
I don’t take long
He’s so well on
I got the strap on and gin
And if he calls us lesbian
Just slip it in

What about his ass
What about his teeth
Do you think he’s ready for this double sided treat?
How will I know?
What is the code?
To share the mother f**ker satisfy us both

Okay so if you want him all you have to say to me is
The Casanova pass him over
The Casanova pass him over (yah that’s it)
Ahhhh Yah do you like being a crazy mother f**king bitch? Ahh Yah!
Uh what about you?
Hey Casanova pass him over to me
Hey Casanova
Hey Casanova
Hey Casanova
Hey Casanova

You want to see the crazy bitches go wild?

Tease ya squeeze ya please ya then Thelma and Louis ya
That sweet **** we let it seep out don’t we? Ohhhhhhh Yahhhhh

Casanova
Casanova
Casanova
Casanova
Casanova
Casanova
Casanova
Casanova

(Casanova pass him over to me)
(Hey Casanova pass him over to me)
(Hey Casanova)

He’s done
Alright lets get him out of here
Just pick him up
One two three
Bye bye

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
All I had for peaches this summer was a 20 lb box of Donut peaches that were saved out of the harvest for me. They went quick, and my bowels with them.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
My current favorite is grilled peaches (halved peaches rolled in butter and brown sugar) with some strawberry shortcake from the bakery I work at and some vanilla ice cream.

MONEY.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Not a peaches thread with out ... millions of peaches, peaches for me. Millions of peaches, peaches for free!

SkaredShtles you better watch out for Ninjas in backyard.