Quantcast

peak to creek Olympia sat?

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
Some guys at work told me about a peak to creek gravity assisted xc race at capitol forest sat. They said 20-25 min. runs. Anyone going or have more info?
I just put together a 30 lb xc/fr bike and am just getting over an injury so this sounds like fun.

May 9, 2003
Burien at Crappiss' House
It IS fun.

There's often a climb right in the middle of the course, depending on the route it can be as long as two miles. (The climb, that is!) The race is very fun, it's good forest with crazy clay dirt that's super hairball if wet, and Eric has always had free beer and food after the races along with decent swag and GC's to the shop for podium placers. Don't try, just go.

Think of it as pumped up singletrack riding on steroids. Pads, but no ninja suit, lighter bike rather than heavy, and wear the clips if you got 'em, if you want to see podium.

Good Luck! I think I'll be working, but I might just have to pull some strings and go in late!

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
Thanks, I'm not real excited about the climb (not excited at all, actually) but I'll probably go. I've raced downhill there before. Eric puts on a good race.

You know where to find more info as far as time, meeting place, and price?

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
Originally posted by TWISTED
Thanks, I'm not real excited about the climb (not excited at all, actually) but I'll probably go. I've raced downhill there before. Eric puts on a good race.

You know where to find more info as far as time, meeting place, and price?
Call the shop....

They are now called:

Adventure Sports Inc
Address: 2405 Harrison Ave NW, Olympia, WA 98502
Phone: (360) 704-3315

I wish i could go, but i have plans already.

D

May 9, 2003
Burien at Crappiss' House
Oly, you stink, it better be good,(your excuse) I haven't got to see you down there the past couple times now..... Oh well, I'm not guaranteeing my attendance either. Still would be fun, like the old days before I knew what DH was!:D

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Originally posted by Captain Crunch
Oly, you stink, it better be good,(your excuse) I haven't got to see you down there the past couple times now..... Oh well, I'm not guaranteeing my attendance either. Still would be fun, like the old days before I knew what DH was!:D
My dad and step mom are coming to visit...they just want to see our kid.....not to visit us.... haha....

I miss the peak to creek races. Ive also never been able to race #30, although i ride it on the DHR almost every non race weekend...

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Originally posted by Gfreak
I spoke with Eric this morning regarding the course. It sounds like there are 2 uphill sections. Other than the climbs, it sounds like the race will be a lot of fun.
If its the same course as described on the dirtworld page the hardest climb is on the end of the trail once your at #40. For the gravity crowd it will suck, for the XC crowd its pretty tame. The other uphill is more gradual traversing. With short little steeps intermixed. Fun trail....one that you dont have to wait for a race to do either.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Can I enter the beginner class? I've never raced xc before?
Im sure you could. But if you spank your clas by 20 minutes they may look at ya funny. Have a fun time if you make it up. I really do wish i could go.

What kind of bike did you build? In general riding the trail, Dh bikes are fun but overkill, hardtails are brutal but possible, A 4-5" trail bike is perfect. The top section will weed out some of those with a fear of loose rock. Once through the top it opens up into very fast and smooth trail. With the rain we just had its going to be exceptional. Not muddy, not dusty.

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
I really never have raced xc before. I'm really good at coasting down hills.
I just put together a Mountain Cycle Zen xc frame, Manitou swinger 4way air shock, Marzocchi Z1fr, Sun SUV wheels, Truvativ holzfeller short stem, riser bar 31.8, odi lock on grips, Stylo cranks, thomson post, wtb ti seat, xtr r der. xt f der. xt shifters, hayes mag hyd. 6", 636 pedals. It's about 30 lbs. I should be putting on different tires right now, lazy.

ummbikes

Don't mess with the Santas
Apr 16, 2002
Napavine, Warshington
I really never have raced xc before. I'm really good at coasting down hills.
I just put together a Mountain Cycle Zen xc frame, Manitou swinger 4way air shock, Marzocchi Z1fr, Sun SUV wheels, Truvativ holzfeller short stem, riser bar 31.8, odi lock on grips, Stylo cranks, thomson post, wtb ti seat, xtr r der. xt f der. xt shifters, hayes mag hyd. 6", 636 pedals. It's about 30 lbs. I should be putting on different tires right now, lazy.

Almost evil, you Oly a beer.

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
That race was a muddy mess. Who said a couple of short uphills? My bike was great except for the cheap tires I was too lazy to replace.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
That race was a muddy mess. Who said a couple of short uphills? My bike was great except for the cheap tires I was too lazy to replace.
Muddy Eh? We must have gotten more rain than i thought.

Hilly? Maybe the trail ya did was different than what i understood. Either way did ya have a good time? Howd ya do?

D

TurkeyJerkey

Chimp
Aug 8, 2002
WA
oh yeah it was way wet and way muddy.......but i think i need to do sport class next!!!! hehehe my time was a little faster.....just a little fast then the others..... i placed 10th in expert..... and recked 3 times :D next time..... ohhh yesss next time!!!