Quantcast

Peat Signs For 3 Years With Santa Cruz- Offical

biker3

Turbo Monkey
Transcend said:
My guys are going to be giving them a try as well next season I think.
Sweet I better get some if the pros are on them. No but seriously Kenda does rock. I ran maxxis all season but in Idaho, I was having major problems so Kenda hooked me up with tires as cost. The kenda guy is insane but def will hook you up. Nice tires for about 20 bucks cheaper than maxxis.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
biker3 said:
Sweet I better get some if the pros are on them. No but seriously Kenda does rock. I ran maxxis all season but in Idaho, I was having major problems so Kenda hooked me up with tires as cost. The kenda guy is insane but def will hook you up. Nice tires for about 20 bucks cheaper than maxxis.
My family happens to be family friends with the guy who is now at Kenda in charge of some sort of marketing/sponsorship. Not 100% sure what he does, but he has offerred on numerous occasions. I figured I may as well give them a shot this year. I am down with anything as long as it works!

A couple of my team guys tried them on weekends off last year and were really impressed with them.

ChrisKring

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Grand Haven, MI
biker3 said:
Nope, Zink rode for oakley, Vories was on Fox and Rennie on TLD. They all had their own riding kits, I dono about odonnell though.
Odonnell was running a Syndicate jersey.

I have seen Zink in both Syndiucate Jerseys and oakley jerseys.

My point was though that the Syndicate allows riders to have other sponsors. I was saying the same thing as you are.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
Kenda has a great grassroots program and that is applause worthy when other companies are scaling back support. It's amazing how in a few short years they've really upgraded their image. I think a lot of that has to do with Johnny T's involvement. I used to consider Kenda as crap but now I'd put them very close behind Maxxis and Michi.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
punkassean said:
Kenda has a great grassroots program and that is applause worthy when other companies are scaling back support. It's amazing how in a few short years they've really upgraded their image. I think a lot of that has to do with Johnny T's involvement. I used to consider Kenda as crap but now I'd put them very close behind Maxxis and Michi.

Kenda is in the exact same situation now that maxxis was in in 2000.

biker3

Turbo Monkey
punkassean said:
Yeah offering full race support to ANYONE at races is awesome. They offer cost to all racers no questions asked. 20 bucks a DH tire when in need is not shabby at all. I love maxxis but Im really considering Kenda depending on who else will help us next season.