Quantcast

Peavine DH and Tyrolean on Sunday in Reno

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Some of the local stupid collection is doing a DH ride down Peavine into Verdi on Sunday. We're going to chase it with shuttle runs on Tyrolean up at the lake.

Come out if you want, its a fun ride with more people.

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
I am a fat pussy, thanks very kindly.

Ended up staying off Peavine as it was on fire.
Rolled a few laps on Tyrol until I cracked open my leg.

Amy, were you out there Sunday afternoon?

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
I think we're riding both days this weekend, but we need someone for Saturday to drive the truck down to Verdi.

I'd be up to get up either morning, do a run down Peavine, make a pit stop over on Sky Tavern for some runs, and then finish out trying to master where I ****ed up on Tyrolean.

Let me know if anyone, other than Kidwoo who called me a vag, wants to roll like that.

rockbike

Monkey
Nov 9, 2004
south lake tahoe
I think we're riding both days this weekend, but we need someone for Saturday to drive the truck down to Verdi.

I'd be up to get up either morning, do a run down Peavine, make a pit stop over on Sky Tavern for some runs, and then finish out trying to master where I ****ed up on Tyrolean.

Let me know if anyone, other than Kidwoo who called me a vag, wants to roll like that.
sat the 1st?

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
Yes... freudian slip. these warm sunny days are getting old.
I'm just sitting home, watching my new copy of 'my own two feet', and dreaming of colder days.

But I really meant to say "ONCE crap weather kicks in"

I was not out on Tyrol on Sunday.... I was out riding from Stagecoach to Toad's. Perfect day for that ride. Not too hot. No one out there.

This weekend is looking like it could be cool and dreary. Why don't we just ride Toad's?

edit:
i really am itchy for dark clouds rolling in.
i'll be much happier when the view from the rim trail looks like this:

Last edited:

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
FU people in the Sierras.

Fairfax Turkey Day ride (26 miles)
Xmas Mt Diablo Ride (3900 feet of climbing)
Over the Golden Gate New Years Day Hangover Ride (making it out before sunset)

While you guys are snowboarding or skiing, I'll be riding in the Bay Area.

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
If I can stretch my riding season out until maybe Thanksgiving down in the valley, and I keep my fat ass rolling on the trainer, I might be able to ride with some style at the NMBS #1 in Vegas.

Oct 31, 2008
I have not actually rode the Tyrolean DH but I heard it about 15-25 minutes depending on your ability. I would also like to know where the Peavine to Verdi starts.... Is that run all dh or is their pedaling?

Last edited:

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
I can do the Tyrolean in about 20 minutes if I am moving at a decent clip, stopping after the two bridges to check on those behind me.

Peavine to Verdi starts at the very top of Peavine at the radio towers there. You get up there by going through the back side over in Stead. You come down through the top section, and then theres a bit of wandering, and down into the canyon.

There are a couple quick uphill sections on both, but they're not horrid.

You guys thinking about this weekend? Its going to be cold, but it should be cool.

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
First time I rode any of the local trails, be it Peavine, Tyrolean, Sky Tavern, Geiger, I rode them on a new Demo 9. Good times.

Its going to be in the 60's and 70's next week, I wouldn't worry about the snow staying.

Oct 31, 2008
Where is Sky Tavern and Geiger at? What type of trails? I heard they are shuttling at Tyrolean tomorrow? Bummer, my bike won't be here until tomorrow..... Dam Fed Ex...!!! I hope I enjoy the Demo 9 as much as I think I will. I am big into dirt bikes. I am hoping the Demo 9 gives me the big plush " Dirt Bike " feeling I am looking for..

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
I'm not sure if anyone is shuttling this weekend. Its raining up there, most of my riding mates are bailing on the idea. Damn fair weather riders.

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
didn't shuttle, but rode some xc in the rain yesterday. pretty nice out there. warmer than i thought it would be.

if you're up by south lake this week... i'm thinking chinese dh would be fun for some lunch time shuttles if we don't get too much low level snow today.

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
I rode Peavine this weekend, and then went digging.

I wanted to go down to that Hillbilly race this weekend, but I have training at Rose on Saturday. I could get out and ride on Sunday if anyone wants.

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
I can't this weekend, I've got issues.

However, I am debating a Saturday the 15th trip to Mammoth to board, then shuttles on Sunday the 16th on Geiger.