Quantcast

Pebble watch

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Yesterday I noticed my watch's time was off. This is the 2nd time this has happened. The first time it happened my watch was a few years old. Now, it's been around a year since I replaced the battery last and it feels too soon.

Today while I am doing to research on new android devices for work I stumbled upon the Pebble watch. Check it:

http://getpebble.com/

Interested in getting one of these to replace my Swiss made watch. It seems like it might be cool especially since they are making the SDK available for developers to build off of.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
The first kickstarter watches just shipped. Interesting concept, I just don't think I want a watch that I have to remember to charge all the time.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
can i get the face of my watch to be a boob with a pasty with two tassles for the hour and minute hand?

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I have my dad's old Timex that I took after he died. It doesn't work, but I wear it sometimes just to think about him. I haven't worn a watch since I got my first cell phone. :/

Ride Monzie

Monkey
Jan 4, 2013
Killafornia
Spam bots selling watches in 3..2..
Do you have need for to make time? Buy now, Louis Vuitton and Coach watch!?
Rocketship time piece for to have space-time continuum in own living house!
Buy buy, buy these awesome sweet Timex for the lickings to keep ticking you off!
Have use for new Battery? Get your ruby oiled at steep discount of 76% or moar!
Sample free watch band from your basement with fast ship just pay underpants!?'

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
That thing looks pretty cool. I often find myself not buying a new device because I have a smartphone and can just get an app that does a good enough job. HR monitor, car GPS, Garmin, interval timer, ipod, car tach, etc. Any time I need to use more than one of these at a time, I start to see the downside.
Having a extra screen to show info would be pretty handy.

Hard to believe they need to raise money on kickstarter. I'd think a working proto that polished could raise millions in venture capital easily.

Last edited: