Quantcast

Pedal bike Helmets

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
To start, I searched and didn’t find the answer I was looking for. :D

I am looking for a new half shell. I wear it on all pedally type rides, including road. I’ve been on the TLD band wagon but after my current A2 liner completely falling apart rather quickly I’m kind of over it.

Is anyone still running a non MIPS lid? The liner issues I am having seem to be with the mips system. Has anyone else experienced the sub par liner issues?

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
My A2 liner fell apart as well, it was a really cool design, so I’m bummed. However the A3 has not fallen apart and my new A3 came with a second thicker liner and it has forehead gaskets and came with 2-3 extras of those.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
I have POC because they fit me. My POC mtb helmet extends too far down in the back to fit me on a road ride. There are always helmets on sale online.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
The TLD liners are well known to be delicate flowers. Probably why they just sent me two when I asked them.

I like my TLD A2 helmets, but they've been relegated to winter/night riding only so that I don't have to swap around helmet lights.

I have been using a Giro Montaro for two years now and it's been great. Fits my big round head well and is a little better ventilated than the A2.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes

bro I ain't no wizard, but this doesn't seem like rocket surgery. unless we are talking about different parts...

that being said, I don't really have commentary on which to get. I've heard good things about spec ambush, and I loved my OG prevail, but they changed the sizing and they don't fit my head as well. Bell/Giro are always reliable fits so that's what I stick with!

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana

bro I ain't no wizard, but this doesn't seem like rocket surgery. unless we are talking about different parts...

that being said, I don't really have commentary on which to get. I've heard good things about spec ambush, and I loved my OG prevail, but they changed the sizing and they don't fit my head as well. Bell/Giro are always reliable fits so that's what I stick with!
Gaht dammmit. I must have needed more coffee yesterday, or you have a better google finger :D

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Don't pay for one you fool :busted: just tell them it fell apart after you tried cleaning it and they should send a replacement for free.