Quantcast

Pedal Help

njdeadhead

Monkey
May 16, 2007
What do you all think about any of the pedal that I have listed here. Or any other.

strait line components
atomlab trailking
NYC freeRide GloryHoles
crank brothers 5050
azonic

chaloots

Chimp
Mar 16, 2004
dirty jerz via Bklyn
ive had the same pair of gloryholes on my dh for 3 seasons riding creek and pkill clipping rocks and they still feel new.

ive been rocking the fly pedals on my bmx . super light and holding up good so far.

Larson TT y0!

Monkey
Jan 21, 2007
Maryland
Tioga MX-comps are probably the greatest MTB company made pedal, period.

I'm probably going to pick up the nostra pedals on my next dj/park bike...either way I need larger sized pedals because I have big, wide feet.

opjones

Monkey
Aug 17, 2006
Detroit
This came up on another site just today too. What about Primo Super Tenderizer? I like them and have them currently on my bike, just wonder what other people's thoughts are on them.

njdeadhead

Monkey
May 16, 2007
opjones as far as the Primo Super Tenderizer I have them on my XC bike right now and always used them on my BMX bikes. I realy don't like the way they fit my foot.

v-digit I will them for street, dirt, Park but most of the time on the street.

BikeSATORI

Monkey
Apr 13, 2007
one world...
wellgo MG-52 is another solid bet. I'm looking into some right now.
ODSY is also coming up wth two new pedals, a trail one (lightened up JC with longer pins) and another higher quality plastic street pedal...

I had several pair of Primo tenderizers back in the day, and although they do get the job done, I found them just tall and blocky, not to mention pretty heavy compared to what else is on the market.

I'd personally advise against the crank bros 5050s, nothing against them as a company, I just don't like those pedals.

Right now I've got a set of hamiltons (unsealed) on my Molly that have been going strong for a long time (ran them on my E26 last season too), but I'm looking into swapping them out fairly soon.

Have Atomlab Aircorps on my Sinister SplinterMX but they are developing play in the bushings.

I can't justify paying for flys at the moment, let alone some ridiculous dangerboys or distortion ti's or straitlines, etc... some batches of NYC's apparantly had problems right? Although they are being redesigned as we speak, and Lenosky is coming up with a sig. plat from them I guess... should be cool I'm sure.

Also, Look at some Drive Lites if you want very lightweight at a very nice price (not as cheap as PC twist, haha).

Leethal

Turbo Monkey
Oct 27, 2001
Avondale (Phoenix)
well, it sounds like you have no choice.
Odyssey plastic pedals are the ones you want - AND they are lighter then any of the ones you listed. IMO. :cheers:
V they are not ready for our choice I guess, they are only lighter and cheaper than the rest, with no evident downside on strength or grip.

pancho64

Monkey
Jul 28, 2007
i thought the azonics were great until i got my trailkings. best pedal ive ever tried. although i wouldlove some straightlines or DBs