Quantcast

Pedal Washer?

Leon94

Chimp
Dec 10, 2007
McLean, VA
I recently purchased Weyless B-37 Pedals and during installation noticed the washers I used (which didn't come with the pedals) became bent. After removing pedals, I noticed the base of where the washer sits flat against the pedal threads does not have a traditional round flat base, therefore, as I begin to tighten the pedals, the parallel base of the pedal begins to cave into the washer. Hopefully you can picture what I'm describing.

My question is, eventhough it is always recommended that pedal washers be used if crank arms have inserts, can I get away with not using washers (For most Weyless "b" series slalom/dh pedals, you can't use washers)? Haven't tested to see if the pedals come loose w/ out using them.

ZHendo

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
PNW
i've never used a washer on any of my setups and i've never had any problems...

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
i have never needed to use washers on any of my setups. i have even installed pedals, that come with washers, without them and have had no problems, and no for a fact that the guys have been running them for 2 or more years with not one problem from them at all. just my experiance, but there might be someone out there.

BlackAthlete

Monkey
Apr 8, 2008
I have 6Al4VTi pedal washers which are a cunthair thicker than stock (but lighter) to give you a slightly wider Q. 20 bucks a pair shipped for both Saint and regular styles.

PM me if interested.