Quantcast

pedals: Oddyssey VS. Primo

WhItTy

Monkey
Feb 3, 2005
P.E.I., Canada
hey,
I have narrowed my choice of pedals for street riding and dirt jumping down to the oddyssey Cielencki's or Primo super tenderizer's.
I just wanted some opinions about the two, and if there are any otheers suggestions for pedals about $40 Canadian.
Thank You

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
Go with the Oddyssey. But I dont see why you dont check out the BMW Shin Burgers. They wont hurt at all if your foot slips off the pedal.

scurban

Turbo Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
SC
I've never actually ridden the Primo's, however I too was once in the same position you are. I chose the Cielencki's over the primos, because A.) the Cielencki's have a lower profile. B.) the Cielencki's weighed a little less. C.) the pins on the Cielencki's screw in from the inside of the pedal, and the Primo's are press fit. The screw in is much easier to replace, especially after multiple grinds, bashes, etc. etc.

The Primos are super nice, but I feel I made the right choice. I love my Cielencki's. My friends who ride Primo's love my Cielencki's, and everyone I know who ride Cielencki's love how they grip, and feel. The pins are positioned so they keep your feet hooked up, but allow you to make easy foot adjustments.

My vote goes with Cielencki!

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
with a little time on Primos, and a couple rides on JCs, i'm gonna repeat what i said in the other thread and say JCs.

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
I ride Primos and I don't like them as much as their original pedals. they suck when wet.

but I have friends that ride the JC's and I can't stand them. I'm not sure what it is, but I really didn't like the feel of them. It could be how I position my foot on the pedal.

as stated though, you can change the pins on the JC's so when it's wet, you could use the longer pins. I don't even consider the pins on the Primos to be replacable, even though they are, just because they don't screw in like the JC's do. I've never had luck with replacing those kinds of pins (primo style).

B

bigkonarider

I like the Odyssey pedals .i just got some & like the pins design. I tried to pull out my worn nubs from my Primo's but cant ? Used Primo's for many years & they grip great !
Time to try the Odysseys