Quantcast

Pedals

skajumper

Chimp
Mar 22, 2005
Hey,
Im looking to get some new pedals. Cheapish platforms is what im after. So far ive looked at dice outlaws and felt back pedals. The dice are 50 dollars whereas the felt are 90 (both in aus dollars). I was just wondering if you guys thought it was worth paying almost double for the felt back pedals. Also, can you reccomend any other fairly common pedals which i could get for cheap. I say common because in australia we dont have as many parts available that easily. Oh, and i dont like pedals with slanted thingys on em like dmr v8/v12..... I hope you know what i mean... it looks kinda like this:
\--------\
\_______\

Yeah, i dont like pedals like that.... the slope annoys me...
cheers!

skajumper

Chimp
Mar 22, 2005
pnj said:
the slope is there for a reason. less wind drag....:) haha
I seem to have less stability on those pedals. In which case, id happily trade less wind drag for less falling off and hitting my nuts on my seat :)

CreeP

Monkey
Mar 8, 2002
montreal bitch
I don't know if anybody down under may still have them in stock, but before odyssey came out with the Jim C they had a very square solid aluminum platform, non-parallelogram, as you like. I'm running the Jim Cielencki and feel for the money they are right on, best combination of platform and pin design for the money. Just keep the bearings on these things preloaded - despite there not being any seal on the inboard bearing the grease stays clean but the grease volume will go down and overall since the nuts on the cones are such a lose fit the preload will loosen up over time, get some loctite, blue at least, and maybe even red.

skajumper

Chimp
Mar 22, 2005
gah, i just gave up and got some dice pedals, they are a parallelogram shape but they grip like hell. They are awesome pedals indeed

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
THe kona jacks_it's with removable pins are really. I and Most of my ride those. They have themn at cambria for a good price. Cambriabikes.com

phlegm

Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
Whistler/Vancouver
the slope is on the pedal so if your foot comes off, either on purpose or by accident, the pedal will fold back to the flat platform, rather than you slipping and eating **** hard.

scurban

Turbo Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
SC
I just bought the Eastern Pedals off of dans comp. I rode em for the first time yesterday, and they are soo nice! I like them much better then my former Jim C's.