Quantcast

Pee Wee's Mountain Bike Park Festival

santacruzed

Monkey
Nov 6, 2004
hickory, nc
Pee Wee's Mountain Bike Park will be holding the Sixth Annual PEEWEE's Mountain Bike Festival (In Memory of Pee Wee Morrison)

Saturday, April 30 (XC & FUN RIDE)10AM-4PM
Sunday, May 1 (FREERIDE & DIRT JUMPING)12PM-6PM

Only a $5 admission which gets you:
Food (hot dog and hamburger)
Ticket(for prizes)

LTD PRIMITIVE CAMPING AVAILABLE $5 A SPACE (SAT. NIGHT ONLY)

FOR MORE INFO CONTACT MIKE AT THE BIKE SHOP
(828) 322-2303 (ask for the bike shop)

santacruzed

Monkey
Nov 6, 2004
hickory, nc
I dont have an exact address sorry.

But here are some directions from Charlotte:
From Charlotte, take I-85 south past Gastonia to Hwy 321 North. Take Hwy 321 North to the Lincolnton Hwy 27 exit. (about 10-12 miles) Take a right at the end of the exit ramp onto Hwy 27 east. Go approximately 1 mile to a stoplight at Hwy 27 and Hwy 150. Take a left onto Hwy 150 and proceed for 6 miles. Cross over the South Fork river and as you come up the hill look on the left for Riverview Church Road. Take that left and Pee Wee's is on the right about 1/4 of a mile.

from Huntersville area
From Huntersville area: Take Hwy 73 (Sam Furr road)southwest towards Lincolnton and stay there until you dead end into Hwy 27. Take a right onto Hwy 27 and go approximately 7 miles to a stoplight at Hwy 27 and Hwy 150. Take a left onto Hwy 150 and proceed for 6 miles. Cross over the South Fork river and as you come up the hill look on the left for Riverview Church Road. Take that left and Pee Wee's is on the right about 1/4 of a mile.

santacruzed

Monkey
Nov 6, 2004
hickory, nc
FREERIDE:
Classes are Under 18 and Over 18---nothing complicated.....u have a TBD amount of runs scored by judges and then after these runs are complete the top 4 in each category will have a final showdown.....the $5 is for food and to compete...if you are under 18 you need a notorized paper that you can get from mike banjodawgcms@aol.com if your parent/guardian will not be in attendence.....

XC:
talk to mike banjodawgcms@aol.com

here is an address for you to mapquest Riverview Rd. Lincolnton,NC 28092

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
Theres a lot of confusing info about the judging here (it probably is confusing because i think im really ADD) and manimal the freeride thing is from 12-6

santacruzed

Monkey
Nov 6, 2004
hickory, nc
santacruzed said:
Pee Wee's Mountain Bike Park will be holding the Sixth Annual PEEWEE's Mountain Bike Festival (In Memory of Pee Wee Morrison)

Saturday, April 30 (XC & FUN RIDE)10AM-4PM
Sunday, May 1 (FREERIDE & DIRT JUMPING)12PM-6PMOnly a $5 admission which gets you:
Food (hot dog and hamburger)
Ticket(for prizes)

LTD PRIMITIVE CAMPING AVAILABLE $5 A SPACE (SAT. NIGHT ONLY)

FOR MORE INFO CONTACT MIKE AT THE BIKE SHOP
(828) 322-2303 (ask for the bike shop)

:eviltongu hehe

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
if i go, i may bring the boy....is it in a place where he could tool around and not get into too much trouble? is it mostly all together or is it really spaced out? family friendly? ie: somewhere for them to chill and watch?

zod

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
G-County, NC
There were several huge wrecks, I didn't see Zach's as I had left already but I hear it was one of the worst anyone had ever seen. Amazingly he didn't really get hurt that bad.

zod

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
G-County, NC
He completely overshot a big double, landed nose heavy and went head first straight into the next kicker if I heard correctly

Guard

Monkey
Apr 21, 2004
Wilkes "By God" County
Yeah that's the same Zack. He was banged up pretty bad. His knee looked like someone had taken a ball bat to it. Last I heard he posted that he had a sprained ankle and some stitches in his leg. I didn't get to see it happen but my wife gave me details. I also heard that someone got it on video so hopefully it be aired soon...I know Zack was wanting to see it. Before they put him in the meat wagon he gave a thumbs up to the camera and stated he had a blast!!! Besides being crazy, he's tuff...that's for sure!

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
Ya, Zack is definetly one of the better, cooler, riders around here, not to mention a great wrench, him and Mikedx have hooked up more than a few riders around here. Get well soon!

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
Man, that really sucks that he got smashed up. Maybe he is in that stage of riding where he is about to pop through to the next level. Or maybe I'm just talking out of my a$$. Who knows. Get well soooooooooon.

Mikedsx

Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
NC
Zach is ok.(sort of). He had a concussion, 4 stitches in his knee,and a banged up ankle, but nothing broken. The great thing is the ER docs put his ankle brace on the wrong ankle. Go figure.

zod

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
G-County, NC
Mikedsx said:
The great thing is the ER docs put his ankle brace on the wrong ankle. Go figure.
Welcome to Lincolnton. He's lucky they didn't cut off his foor and replace it with a pig's hoof :thumb:

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll
I saw the crash and unfortunately my camera was not running. Actually, I had no idea he was even planning on doing the jump. All the sudden I saw him sprinting down the hill at the take-off. He smacked head/shoulder first into the take-off of the second jump. It was an awful sound when he hit the ground. That guy is tougher than a pine knot! Glad he's okay!