Quantcast

peeee-ewwwwwwww!!!!!!

J

JRB

I just changed the oil in my Talas using Maxima 7wt fork fluid. It smells like a monkey's ass. :dead: I opened some Golden Spectro, Maxima 5wt and 10wt to see if they smelled the same. Even some Rock Shox oil. The jug is different than before and I must say, so is the smell.

It sure does feel purty in there though. :thumb:

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
Mine doesnt smell at all. Wait, did the dirty oil smell? Once i changed some old Jr T oil for a friend and it was rank.

J

JRB

TheInedibleHulk said:
Probably had some nasty dirty water in there, Ive smelled some rank forks in my day.
This is the new oil. Just broke the seal. It smells more like gear oil.

*edit - the old oil was nearly clear. Didn't need changing other than it hasn't felt right with Golden Spectro 7.5wt.

J

JRB

I am about to start mailing vials of this crap to people. It stinks.

J

JRB

I just had Julie test it too. I opened the other one and it doesn't stink. This one really smells like it has gear oil in it. I hope it's not bad oil and doesn't hurt the fork. It does seem to dampen better though.

Pau11y

Turbo Monkey
loco said:
The oil seems to work fine, even if it is stinky.
Maybe it's not the oil but is infact your upper lip? :sneaky:
You know, you have had your nose burried pretty deep in your boss' bung hole w/ all those nice bike you're building for him... have you checked the tip of your nose as well?

J

JRB

Wumpus checked them. He agreed with me. He defined it as smelling like a refinery.

*I twisted the shaft off of his damper, because I am the Hulk. If anyone has one, please let me know.