Quantcast

Peep Show of a Handjob...

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Well, she's not finished yet, but I just got back from my shop after peicing most of her together. Just need a drivetrain and shifters and she's ready to rock:)

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
No making fun of my too-short front brake cable either. Im jacking the fork down to 100mm so it will be plenty.

XT or RF Atlas cranks? Hmmmm....

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
LOOnatic said:
shoulda kept the bullit
Thing killed me. Pedaling it all over god's creation. Just too much for where I live, and barely enough for Windrock. If I lived in NC, it'd be a good bike, but these days, all I have is regular trails, and I want to do some 24's, so this is it.

def

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
knoxville, tn
BurlyShirley said:
No making fun of my too-short front brake cable either. Im jacking the fork down to 100mm so it will be plenty.

I'm happy w/ my XT's.

My only suggestion (and this is just me, your you) is get some meat on the front tire! I'm playing w/ one of those in the back right now, but having a grippy front tire is where its at. Other than that, nice frame and nice build. :thumb:

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
When I get my boot off in two weeks (busted foot) I can only ride road for like the next month. I got these becuase they're easy rolling for road rides. I'll get some nevegals when I can hit a trail.

lovebunny

can i lick your balls?
Dec 14, 2003
San Diego, California, United States
d.e.f. said:
I'm happy w/ my XT's.

My only suggestion (and this is just me, your you) is get some meat on the front tire! I'm playing w/ one of those in the back right now, but having a grippy front tire is where its at. Other than that, nice frame and nice build. :thumb:
yeah the python can be a little sketchy as a front tire. you might want to try the barracuda or if you want less rolling resistance the piranha. i really like the way the piranha rolls fast but grips when its needed.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
d.e.f. said:
I'm playing w/ one of those in the back right now, :thumb:
that's just not right.

and here all this time, i thought you were talkin about b.b.q.
when you said "pulled pork."

def

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
knoxville, tn
dhbuilder said:
that's just not right.

and here all this time, i thought you were talkin about b.b.q.
when you said "pulled pork."

I originally typed "I've got one of those on the rear", but figured someone would chime in so I changed it.

But this is a tread about a handjob, so it isn't a big deal. Besides, your not allowed to talk about xc related issues anyways. Only east coast dh, beer/food and cool motorsports discussions are allowed w/ your permit.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
d.e.f. said:
I originally typed "I've got one of those on the rear", but figured someone would chime in so I changed it.

But this is a tread about a handjob, so it isn't a big deal. Besides, your not allowed to talk about xc related issues anyways. Only east coast dh, beer/food and cool motorsports discussions are allowed w/ your permit.
right on.

b.t.w.
i guess you saw they axed the d.h./b.b.q. thread.

def

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
knoxville, tn
dhbuilder said:
right on.

b.t.w.
i guess you saw they axed the d.h./b.b.q. thread.
Doesn't supprise me. I've been lurking on this site for awhile now, and there are just some people who just can't let it go and have to have the last word. I'm pretty quiet, as most who know me know. But a wise man once said: "Never give up the opportunity to just shut up." I mean, common! We were talking about beer and bbq!

And to burly, sorry to derail the thread too much. It makes perfect sense now. Those tires do roll pretty damn quick. I've just seen too many people riding those tires pumped up to 50psi and wonder why they are getting bucked everywhere.

moff_quigley

Why don't you have a seat over there?
Jan 27, 2005
Poseurville
BurlyShirley said:

How about the rear looks really short too? :help:

I'm chomping at the bit to get the RF Atlas crank. The current XT is definitely sweet too. If Shimano updates the 07 XT to have the same mounting/BB as the 07 XTR stuff. I think I'd take the RF crank over the XT as it will be simpler.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
XTs all the way...easy to install, easy to use, bearings last forever.

Have you ever done 24s? I know you're kind of averse to racing. I'm the same way (I hate the atmosphere and general mentality at an XC race), but I did a couple 24s and loved them...so much more laid back, more beer, cooler people.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
blue said:
XTs all the way...easy to install, easy to use, bearings last forever.

Have you ever done 24s? I know you're kind of averse to racing. I'm the same way (I hate the atmosphere and general mentality at an XC race), but I did a couple 24s and loved them...so much more laid back, more beer, cooler people.
No. Never done one, but the itch is really there to try. Some guys I know are very much wanting to start a team, so Im totally up for it. I dont really care for typical XC or DH races, but I wont say Ill never do one again, Im just not really interested in them anymore.
But I guess the real goal is to do a 24 solo. I really am not the fastest XC guy out there, but I can ride forever, so we'll see how that works out.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
kidwoo said:
heh.......I thought you wanted 24" wheels to go dirtjumping on.

nevermind :D
I was wondering what the hell you wanted to sell me some 24" wheels for :rofl:

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
kidwoo said:
Why to people refer to bikes as "her?"
All modes of transport; ships, cars, planes, skateboards and certainly bikes are always referred to in the feminine. English doesn't doesn't have masculine and femine prepositions but the tradition from other languages is still observed when a gender is specified.

Plus it'd be gay to ride a boy.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Nice bike Burly. I think it'll look way better with the fork down too. Good choice on the brakes as well.