Quantcast

Pegs on a squishy fork?!

Mar 10, 2005
Santa Cruz/Sacramento, Ca
I'm just curious as to how it's done. I know the P-street bikes are advertised as being able to run pegs up front, and I've seen a few cats riding with them in videos.

For some reason, I'm not too hip with pegs over normal 10mm mtb axles. Eww! Bendy bendy! I'm even weary of seeing 'em being run on 3/8th axles.

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
i ran pegs on a marz fork. if you have a 14mm axle hub
drillout/dremal the dropouts to 14mm and file them flat so the peg has a square face to rest on.

it works.

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
My P.street has regular 14mm(?) bmx axels. The DJ Street on it has seemingly standard 20mm dropouts, but it has a special sleeve that goes over a long 14mm axel that you uses regular axel nuts like a bmx. I havent really run pegs much on it, but I didnt have any problems when I did. Marzocchi gave the fork a really solid brake arch and crown to account for lateral stresses of grinding.

Mar 10, 2005
I never thought about the lateral flex and all that! Didn't some of the older(newer) d-street forks have removable arches? I guess that could probably have something to do with it.

So, BCD, are you talking about drilling though the 6mm allen holes on the 20mm axle and then running a 14mm through it? That sounds like it'd work, but then how would you get those endcaps off and remove the wheel? Are there any other ways?

Do you know if anyone sells those sleeves seperate? I'm not planning on getting any any time soon, but it'd be interesting to find out. I bet you could just get some directly from marz, if you really wanted.

qualude

Monkey
Oct 27, 2004
The County of Kings
You really don't need to run a peg on a Marz fork, just pick up some of the grind guards for the DJ-street fork, and bolt them on. Plenty of room for grinding/stalling and the like. But if you really want to run a full length peg, you can buy the DJ-street axle, and it will bolt right into any Marz fork with a 20mm through axle.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
v-dub has some cool set up with his 20 mill axle and a peg....he has a threaded piece welded to the peg that just spins into a tapped end of his 20 mil axle. so it is actually supported by the 20 mill axle. he does nose picks and crap on it all the time and doesnt suffer any issues. i havent seen it in a while so i dont know if he is still running it.

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
morethanjake543 said:
I never thought about the lateral flex and all that! Didn't some of the older(newer) d-street forks have removable arches? I guess that could probably have something to do with it.

So, BCD, are you talking about drilling though the 6mm allen holes on the 20mm axle and then running a 14mm through it? That sounds like it'd work, but then how would you get those endcaps off and remove the wheel? Are there any other ways?

Do you know if anyone sells those sleeves seperate? I'm not planning on getting any any time soon, but it'd be interesting to find out. I bet you could just get some directly from marz, if you really wanted.
what fork do you have?

no, i was talking just build up a wheel with 14mm axle front hub.

Mar 10, 2005
I have a 66rc2x on my freeriding/downhilling rig. I'm not going to be doing the peg thing any time soon as I can't afford a DJ/park bike. I'm just interested in knowing how these things work.

And yeah, I understand what you're talking about now. Took me a while to figure out, though.