Quantcast

Penn State Funny DH race through campus

spleen123

Chimp
Mar 18, 2009

Just a fun day one saturday trying to pass time while the snow melted. Let me know what you think.

demo8razor

Monkey
Mar 31, 2008
I went to PSU, a lot of stuff we used to do. We had a few races from top to bottom of campus with strategic stairs in them, mainly through South and Pollock from the parking garage at East. I would assume you ride rothrock a bit? Theres also the little mulch drop in East. and some other stuff near shoppin centers, where do you guys mainly ride now?

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
kinda wondering why im tagged in the video on facebook?? must have been brian... pretty funny tho i dug it.

spleen123

Chimp
Mar 18, 2009
Yeah i was at rothrock today. this is my first semester up here after transfering from a branch campus. Dont know too much around here yet. I ride weis dirt jumps and toft trees we built some stuff. Thanks for watching though.

demo8razor

Monkey
Mar 31, 2008
Yeah i was at rothrock today. this is my first semester up here after transfering from a branch campus. Dont know too much around here yet. I ride weis dirt jumps and toft trees we built some stuff. Thanks for watching though.
yea theres the dj at weiss, at the other weiss theres a drop behind it. and the mulch drop thing is on east you have to take down a chain to do it though. what trails are people riding now at rothrock?

Zaphoid

Chimp
Aug 8, 2007
Do yourself a favor head down to the bicycle shop talk to grant, ask him to show you where wild cat ridge is. Then enjoy the best downhill in center county

demo8razor

Monkey
Mar 31, 2008
wildcat trail ? if so it isnt bad, kind of short. theres a couple other trails that we resurrected that are probably grown in some more now that its 3 yrs later that were more fun a bit deeper in, actually i dont know if its still called rothrock. Grant would be a good resource though or i can tell you trail names to go further in and how to get to them and the one is tricky to get out of.

spleen123

Chimp
Mar 18, 2009
Haha thanks guys. I know grant i will talk to him next time im in the shop. Speedgoat yeah definatly hit me up on here when you come back. I am always itchin to ride!

spleen123

Chimp
Mar 18, 2009
I ride with a few kids up here. No locals really. Nick Dudukavich, this kid bob slaw and the guy from the video Ross. But other than that no one. I do a lot of solo dh runs.

demo8razor

Monkey
Mar 31, 2008
do you ride up to do DH runs? Some of my friends and I may come back down for a weekend or 2 in the summer, and ride some, we only shuttle though, and see what kind of shape some of the trails are in.

Lions

Chimp
Sep 16, 2008
Big yellow land
Well done! I used to ride campus almost every night when I was there with all my friends... very nostalgic/funny. Props for doubling the stairs next to the HUB too, those are a lot burlier than they seem in the video.

If you haven't already, check out some of the spots near Beaver Stadium/BJC/whatever that baseball field is called. There are all sorts of hips/tables surrounding the stadium that can be a ton of fun, you just need a lot of speed.

Also, I know there used to be some good DH shuttle trails at Blue Knob, though that was about four years ago so who knows what is going on there now.