Quantcast

People who are mean to their kids

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
Rant On:

Generally I ignore things that people do that I feel is annoying or innapropraite. I just don't care to waste any energy on pet peeves and **** like that. But there is this woman who has a kid in the three year old program here, and every morning she comes in she is the biggest ****ing bitch to this little girl. Yelling at the kid to stop crying, telling the kid to walk faster/keep up/shut up/ nobody wants to hear her whining this early in the morning. I just want to pick the little girl up and hug her. Then I want to kick the bitch in the teeth. I just don't get how an adult can be so hateful to a baby.

Rant Off

dhmike

Turbo Monkey
Dec 20, 2006
Boise Idaho
why don't you just kick her in the teeth next time or tell her your going to do that maybe she'll stop. good rant it's approved .

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
I agree and disagree since I have not seen your example in person, but I would say most parents suck. Kids have enough problems and don't need parents that add to them.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
You need to skate a few laps in the basement of your office to get your mind off things I think.

Seriously though that is messed up.
Having child I realize how stressful it can be but I still don't understand how parents can do that to their child. It's a shame and it's even more shameful that more than likely that behavior will continue for years to come.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
You need to skate a few laps in the basement of your office to get your mind off things I think.

Having child I realize how stressful it can be but I still don't understand how parents can do that to their child. It's a shame and it's even more shameful that more than likely that behavior will continue for years to come.
It would be one thing if it was just one morning, but it is everyday, five days a week. I recognize the kid by her mom's yelling.

The thing that really pisses me off is, in my mind, she is doing it because the kid is causing a scene and she is stressed about it/embarassed about the attention etc. but she continues to yell at the child and make a bigger scene as she is walking through an office building.

I guess I just take for granted the fact that just because I realize it is ridiculous to have a sreaming match with a three year old not everyone else does. Seriously.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Breeding should be a priveledge at this level of the food chain, not a right or reaction.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Breeding should be a priveledge at this level of the food chain, not a right or reaction.
agreed!

I think children should have the right to take their parents down to the clinic and have the parents aborted!

then again that is kinda the long drawn out process of life in this country... You are born, and taken care of by parents. You grow up, take care of elderly parents, and hopefully treat them better than they treated you!

Bad parents suck!

there is one bus stop in town that I used to hate walking past cause of all the yelling and screaming of profanities at the kids and M'f'n this... M'F'n that! I felt bad for those kids!

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
Sounds to me like the kid is starved for attention. In the kid's eyes, any attention is better than no attention. I'll wager that this parent spends absolutely no quality time with the child.
That's what it seems like. Today she was walking down the hall saying asking her mom not to leave her behind and the mom was barking back that she was being to whiney and she should just walk faster. The kid was truckin' as fast as a 3 foot tall kid in a snow suit can truck.

Westy, if the kids takes after her mom, she is indeed an asshole.

SlapheadMofo

Monkey
Jul 29, 2003
Westminster MA
That’s miserable. Every day I read the paper and I’m shocked anew at how some people can treat little kids. This morning, I told my 3 y/o he wasn’t being a good boy (he was acting like a typical 3 y/o and not helping to get us out of the house on time - playing hide and seek, hiding his toothbrush under the dog, re-arranging the toy truck parking situation, etc). Poor kid – just a couple words but he was crushed and started bawling his eyes out and apologizing. Even though we got it all straightened out, still made me feel like a dink. Can’t imagine how some people yell and scream at their kids all the time; it’s gotta be terrible for them. Sad.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
The kid is destined to be a real asshole.
Fixed.

A lot of parents suck. I learned the hard way with my daughter that she does much better if we talk about it. She like to whine and fuss sometimes and rather than freak out and tell her to stop, I stop.

I slow down, I get to her level and we talk about what's pissing her off. I reassure her that it's all good, she's good, and we move on. It takes a lot less effort and neither of us are pissed off anymore.

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
It's because the parents these days, whether they 16 year old, or 35 years old, are parents... but not adults.

It's a matter of children raising children... which will inevitably end up with us in a very, very messy future.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Why don't you tell her straight out, "Ever think about how you look when you yell at your kid?"

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Fixed.

A lot of parents suck. I learned the hard way with my daughter that she does much better if we talk about it. She like to whine and fuss sometimes and rather than freak out and tell her to stop, I stop.

I slow down, I get to her level and we talk about what's pissing her off. I reassure her that it's all good, she's good, and we move on. It takes a lot less effort and neither of us are pissed off anymore.
The story just reminded my of a friend and their kid. The boy was a real PITA, he would bite, punch and scream at everyone around him. His parents are caring and concerned and tried everything, being very loving, strict, supportive no matter what the kid was horrible every waking hour of the day. They went to counceling and that got them no where. They even had a pshychologist stay at the house to observe the environment,. It was stressing them out and tearing the family apart. My friend was at wits end and admitted to me that he was afraid that his son was just an asshole.

Luckily it was just a phase and after a year or two the boy grew out of it and they are all quite happy now.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
Why don't you tell her straight out, "Ever think about how you look when you yell at your kid?"
Because I don't appreciate ill informed, busy body bitches sticking their nose where it doesn't belong. Basically. And I don't go around with the assumption that my opinion of a situation I am not directly involved in will/can effect the behavior of anyone else. I don't know this woman, I don't know her child, I don't know their situation. Besides the fact that her communication skills on on the level of a three year old, I don't know anything about her. If our first interaction was a critique of her parenting skills that would blow any chance of forming any sort of constructive relationship with her where my thoughts, concerns and input may have an actual effect on her behavior. That's why.

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
Because I don't appreciate ill informed, busy body bitches sticking their nose where it doesn't belong. Basically. And I don't go around with the assumption that my opinion of a situation I am not directly involved in will/can effect the behavior of anyone else. I don't know this woman, I don't know her child, I don't know their situation. Besides the fact that her communication skills on on the level of a three year old, I don't know anything about her. If our first interaction was a critique of her parenting skills that would blow any chance of forming any sort of constructive relationship with her where my thoughts, concerns and input may have an actual effect on her behavior. That's why.
so, um, are you saying you think it might be a bad idea?

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
You could ask her to kindly beat her kids in private because she is disturbing others in public. It might get a point across.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
You could ask her to kindly beat her kids in private because she is disturbing others in public. It might get a point across.

A woman who would treat a child like that would more than likely resent the child even more if someone acknowledged or complained about her behavior. I am not trying to make the situation worse for the child. The 2 minute disruption my work day experiences because of this is the least of the problems really.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
I guess I just take for granted the fact that just because I realize it is ridiculous to have a sreaming match with a three year old not everyone else does. Seriously.
It is ridiculous BUT, motivating a 4 year old in the morning is like herding angry cats.

I think I'm a good dad able to take most things in stride but more than a few times my little princess hits every single button and turns me into a raving lunatic especially in the morning.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
It is ridiculous BUT, motivating a 4 year old in the morning is like herding angry cats.

I think I'm a good dad able to take most things in stride but more than a few times my little princess hits every single button and turns me into a raving lunatic especially in the morning.
Need more bourbon in your coffee. Or maybe more vodka in her OJ.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river

Is it usually before coffee?

I sometimes sound like a maniacal drill sergeant when I'm trying to get my 3 kids into boots, jackets, backpacks, then into the car. 10 minutes before they need to be to school.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
It's not ok to hit your kids or be cruel to them.

I understand it though.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California

Just wait until they get older................. You'll see.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
I think people should become parents before they complain about they way kids act. It's a whole different story when you're trying to get ready for work, 2 kids dressed while one child is ignoring you, the other has thrown herself on the ground having the traditional emotional breakdown, all this before 8:00am.................. It's going to another wonderful day.