Quantcast

People who don't like the Olympics

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Is part of it that you don't relate to the sports?

For example, I couldn't care less about figure skating, but I love downhill skiing.

J

JRB

LordOpie said:
Is part of it that you don't relate to the sports?

For example, I couldn't care less about figure skating, but I love downhill skiing.
No - I hate curling and we do it on the local ponds all the time. :thumb:

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Look at my damn RM user name. What else am I supposed to do?

I just hate the olympics. Thoroughly. I have no choice.

Sorry, my hands are tied here.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
SkaredShtles said:
People who hate the Olympics can f**k off.

:p
so you're currently watching figure skating?

I get the laptop now and my girl gets it for the downhill and speed skating :D

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
SkaredShtles said:
Yeah. I'm skipping the figure skating. It makes me want to skin H8R alive.......... :mad:

Edit: My wife is watching the figure skating. :D
They need to liven up the whole figure skating thing. Like throw grenades in there.

Or have the figure skaters tied to trees, then angry children cut them to ribbons with broken bottles. I would watch that.

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
SkaredShtles said:
The force only works on dorks who believe that George Lucas created crappola

The winter olympics suck The winter olympics suckThe winter olympics suckThe winter olympics suckThe winter olympics suck George Lucas sucks The winter olympics suckThe winter olympics suckThe winter olympics suckThe winter olympics suck The winter olympics suckThe winter olympics suckThe winter olympics suckThe winter olympics suck The winter olympics suckThe winter olympics suckThe winter olympics suckThe winter olympics suck George Lucas sucks The winter olympics suckThe winter olympics suckThe winter olympics suckThe winter olympics suck The winter olympics suckThe winter olympics suckThe winter olympics suck

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I propose the following changes to winter olympics sports to make it more interesting.

Downhill skiing: Mass starts.
Slalom: Miss a gate hit a landmine.
Figure skating: No dudes, No clothes. Extra points for breakdancing moves like headspins and the inchworm.
Bi-athalon: Shoot at each other
Hockey: Good as it is.
Ski jumping: Shark tanks.
Curling: Really really thin ice. Slide Kegs instead of stones. Drink the beer to slow them down, pee or puke in front of them to keep the glide going.
XC skiing: Skiers draped in raw meat and chased by rabid wolves.

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
Westy said:
I propose the following changes to winter olympics sports to make it more interesting.

Downhill skiing: Mass starts.
Slalom: Miss a gate hit a landmine.
Figure skating: No dudes, No clothes. Extra points for breakdancing moves like headspins and the inchworm.
Bi-athalon: Shoot at each other
Hockey: Good as it is.
Ski jumping: Shark tanks.
Curling: Really really thin ice. Slide Kegs instead of stones. Drink the beer to slow them down, pee or puke in front of them to keep the glide going.
XC skiing: Skiers draped in raw meat and chased by rabid wolves.
Don't forget the swinging axes on the luge and bobsledding.

If that was the case then I would be interested.

Edit: SS, you still can do better, there is still too much pointer, I'm looking for perfection..:D:D:D:D

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Rip said:
Don't forget the swinging axes on the luge and bobsledding.

If that was the case then I would be interested.
That is just silly. Bobsled and luge tracks just need loops.

Kopiklokoli

Monkey
Jul 31, 2004
Nor Cal, of course
Couldnt they have like Downhill ice skating? You know have something like a luge track but with big gap jumps and drops, oh and the occasional wet root growing across the track at the worst possible angle. Now that would be interesting.

J

JRB

Kopiklokoli said:
Couldnt they have like Downhill ice skating? You know have something like a luge track but with big gap jumps and drops, oh and the occasional wet root growing across the track at the worst possible angel. Now that would be interesting.
Is the worst possible angel Lucifer???

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
I'm enjoying downhill ski racing, snowboarding, and hockey (well not yet female hockey is crap) some of the other stuff i just could careless to watch.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Kopiklokoli said:
My apologies sir, but seriously find something better to do with your time, you know that was not necessary.
None of this is.

:think:

J

JRB

Kopiklokoli said:
My apologies sir, but seriously find something better to do with your time, you know that was not necessary.
You're not one of those guys that pops in every now and then and takes the Internet too seriously are you??? It was a joke, bro. It happens here. It's not like we are on some Pentagon forum talking about strategic quail hunting plans or something. Sheesh. Does it really have to be a lengthy joke to be funny??? Read some custom titles. You might not find all of them funny, but they all are, in their own right.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
[off-topic]
is there anything that compares to DH skiing? sonofbitch those guys haul so much ass and the turn...damn. for some reason, i never appreciated it until yesterday when watching the combined even (DH + 2 Slalom).
[/off-topic]

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
A majority of the Olympic sports don’t interest me too much. However, I will be watching the 2008 Olympics for the BMX races