Quantcast

People with Gold teeth who work at Wendy's...

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
BurlyShirley said:
I knew that someone would eventually relate gold teeth, nikes and low paying jobs to black people. I intentionally did not make that point, as I was curious to see how long it would take to swing that way on its own. Funny how the non-racists are the first to relate the stereotypes.
It's not meant as a shock thread. Or a troll. Just to make a cross section of how the community around here thinks; on an interesting topic.
I figured you were trying to yank some chains. I like doing the same thing.

But I make the connection between racist comments and stupidity/hate, because the most stupidest, hateful people I have met make stupid racist comments.

I remember a frat party flyer for Watermelon and Fried Chicken Night, to be held on MLK's birthday. It is hard to think of this as a joke coming from a southern, entirely white, fraternity; but when the local news columnist (also white) came out to defend it, he sounded like David Duke (BTW this was in New Orleans, which is near the home of Duke).

I like to step on toes, but I also want to be consistent: I say the same stupid jokes and comments to anyone of any race. I have met black CEO's, lawyers, scientists, and fast food workers; and I make the same comments to them as I would anyone else.

Yes it is easy to pick on the poorest blacks. The poorest people in any society are the least educated and probably stupidest as well.

You see the difference between you and I is that I at least feel sorry and try to empathize and understand (and I do have a long record of mentoring inner-city kids). I am not sure what you really think about these kids, which is why I think you are a racist jerk.

J

JRB

I loved skating in Air Jordans. I had red/white/black. I thought I was the sh*t when I got blue/black/white, and only one other dude I knew had them.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
sanjuro said:
You see the difference between you and I is that I at least feel sorry and try to empathize and understand (and I do have a long record of mentoring inner-city kids). I am not sure what you really think about these kids, which is why I think you are a racist jerk.
While I am undoubtedly a jerk (just ask my girlfriend) Im also far too much a stickler for facts to support any kind of a superior race notion. It's just not there.
I think our main problem is culture. That the BMW has replaced the family as a status symbol of success. It's sad. Sure.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
BurlyShirley said:
That the BMW has replaced the family as a status symbol of success. It's sad. Sure.
I honestly think the Family should be the higher status symbol, being that raising kids is hella more expensive.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
kizzi77 said:
I bet she'd disagree with that...unless there was a chinning coming for not agreeing. :p
Wait, he beats you for being uppity?

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
loco said:
I loved skating in Air Jordans. I had red/white/black. I thought I was the sh*t when I got blue/black/white, and only one other dude I knew had them.
I had Air Jordan 6's, 7's and 8's. About 15 years ago... I was the Pimp Daddy... Michael actually played ball back then... :)

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Changleen said:
I had Air Jordan 6's, 7's and 8's. About 15 years ago... I was the Pimp Daddy... Michael actually played ball back then... :)
Are you a poor black child?

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
O.K. I want to post in this thread about racism. Me, myself, I dated a black girl, and a hispanic girl. I never told my family(mom, sister) because they are racist. Nothing pisses me off more than people calling blacks the N word, or saying stuff about a certain car, or a way a certain person dresses. I absolutly can't stand it. This thread, certain parts of it, piss me off. I can't beleive what that "ride" kid was saying. I hope he gets banned. My best friend is black, I don't put up with that ****. This is a private forum, if you have a racist remark, take it elsewhere, or shut the **** up.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
SkaredShtles said:
They still make Air Jordans? :think:
those things, NIBs, catch some serious money. in other news, i copped a per uv AM1s a few weeks ago

oddly, i never figured this thread to be racist. my grandfather, german immigrant, had gold teeth. my great grandmother, mexican immigrant, had a lot of gold teeth.

my mom was talking earlier about something similar to what this thread was intended to mean. she said over half of her co-workers had foodstamps/ Lone Star Card, as well as cell phones, and new-ish cars. priorities, folks.

a friend of mine dropped out of college (UTexas), and went back to working at McDonald's. he was in the top 10 of his class. i think he was #3, actually. had a full ride to UT. crazy white boy.

"nigger" is an odd little cookie. especially since the term "nigga" is used so loosely within rap music. is that because rap's a 'tough' genre, or something? "niggas" are tough sons of bitches? i doubt Sam and Dave would get away with using "nigga" in one of their songs. or, you know, Darius Rucker. how can Kanye use it so easily? it's not like he grew up in the ghetto neighborhoods or took 5342430 bullets and survived to rap about it. i find it odd that a term used to dehumanize a race is utilized by that same race (more importantly, by the most outspoken, and likely influential on the young kids of that race) as a term of brotherhood/ unity/ indentity. or is that just the difference between "-er" and "-a"?

price, you're from West Texas, right? El Paso? does the word "wetback" stir up any emotion? just curious. your post mentions that you dated a black girl, and a mexican girl, but you don't mention any derogatory mexican terms. it seems to focus on the black race.

i shouldn't post this kind of stuff when i'm tired.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Changleen said:
You worked at Wendy's??

aznfreerdr08

Monkey
Aug 26, 2004
Concord, CA
ThePriceSeliger said:
O.K. I want to post in this thread about racism. Me, myself, I dated a black girl, and a hispanic girl. I never told my family(mom, sister) because they are racist. Nothing pisses me off more than people calling blacks the N word, or saying stuff about a certain car, or a way a certain person dresses. I absolutly can't stand it. This thread, certain parts of it, piss me off. I can't beleive what that "ride" kid was saying. I hope he gets banned. My best friend is black, I don't put up with that ****. This is a private forum, if you have a racist remark, take it elsewhere, or shut the **** up.
undoubtedly, most of the people in this forum are opposed to racism, but im pretty sure everyone has either said something racist, been racist, or thought something racist at one point. you may think you have not, but im sure you have. i myself am racist quite often and i am a minority. people need to ease up and just relax a bit. a lot of times people are just joking around, like BS. im pretty sure he never said anything about the "n word" and i dont think he started this thread to hate on whoever was working at wendys, it was probably for a laugh. i laughed when i read it. and about me being racist quite often, i was joking i only make fun of asians on a daily basis, and i just happen to be one.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
DaveW said:
Worse he's a pom/limey
So sort of a poor white boy....with an upmarket accent. :rolleyes:
Dave's just jealous, dreaming of moving up the ladder to just 'poor' from his Pacific Island reed hut... :D

MMMmmm. You want them, don't you Dave? You'd have the finest footware for 1000 miles!

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
the Inbred said:
they probably don't have Wendy's-es in Noozieland. i bet they have McDonaldses, though.
S'True. We have (by rough rank number of outlets) Mc****, Subway, BK, KFChit, Dominos, Pizza Hut, Burger Wisconsin (local), Hell's Pizza (local) + we have a ton of local independant fast and/or convenience food outlets, probably accounting for 1/2 to 2/3s of the market.
Subway is suprisingly popular here.

Edit: There might be more Hells than BWs. I hope there are, Hell's is good.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I own a pair of all black And1 hoops shoes that I wear for deck hockey. Hey, they provide great ankle support and super sticky traction on that plastic hockey surface. :) I do look like kind of tool in them though. :blah:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Some people collect Nike skate shoes.....

They just look like a low top version of the old Air Jordans to me.