Quantcast

People with Gold teeth who work at Wendy's...

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
stevew said:
Some people collect Nike skate shoes.....

They just look like a low top version of the old Air Jordans to me.
actually most of them are low top basketball shoes... air force 1's

J

JRB

I had these -

and these, but swore there was black too. I couldn't find them on this site, which appears to cover all of the bases -

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
BurlyShirley said:
I guess this is my main problem. Why is it that you think you know so much more? What qualifies you to classify anyone else as ignorant? Do you have a degree in sociology or economics? From where Im sitting...you're a roofer. What do you know? I happen to value your opinion alot of the time (one of the few around here) and agree with it more than you know; but for you to all of a sudden claim mental superiority is something of an insult. I made no broad generalizations, you just took the bate.
To be honest, I started this thread to ruffle a feather or two. I knew that someone would eventually relate gold teeth, nikes and low paying jobs to black people. I intentionally did not make that point, as I was curious to see how long it would take to swing that way on its own. Funny how the non-racists are the first to relate the stereotypes.
It's not meant as a shock thread. Or a troll. Just to make a cross section of how the community around here thinks; on an interesting topic.
Point taken but then find where such a statement really connatates mental superiority. Another point of view is what it is, based on equal footing. And just as you supposedly set a trap for others to fall into thru misinterpretation you yourself are guilty in thinking that i don't personally feel i am without my faults including being ignorant of a great many things, both in the past and present. Unless i have to always put a disclaimer before i make a bold statement that could be percieved as me crowing up on my perch.
But the very fact that this thread has devolved to such a "serious" peice of garbage, and the very fact that i respect you enough to actually make an effort to comment makes me shudder since on the surface this is the stupidest most judgemental least important topic i've ever put a little effort in participating in.

For that you owe me.....

BurlyShirley said:
To be honest, I started this thread to ruffle a feather or two. I knew that someone would eventually relate gold teeth, nikes and low paying jobs to black people. I intentionally did not make that point, as I was curious to see how long it would take to swing that way on its own...
Do you think that ruffling feathers as a way to open conversations gets more honest answers than a more straightforward gambit?

I have been puzzled by your provocative openers.

J

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
johnbryanpeters said:
Do you think that ruffling feathers as a way to open conversations gets more honest answers than a more straightforward gambit?

I have been puzzled by your provocative openers.

J
Absolutely!

Nothing spells the truth like a knee-jerk reaction.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Changleen said:
Dave's just jealous, dreaming of moving up the ladder to just 'poor' from his Pacific Island reed hut... :D

MMMmmm. You want them, don't you Dave? You'd have the finest footware for 1000 miles!
A friend of mine owned a pair. This is a great story: he was a white suburban dude trying to go urban, and he was a vegan to boot. So these were the only cool sneakers without leather.

Anyway, he could not afford the $120 price tag, so he got his girlfriend to buy them, and he paid her back $20 a month.

We used to call it the Jordan payment plan.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Skookum said:
Point taken but then find where such a statement really connatates mental superiority. Another point of view is what it is, based on equal footing.
I have no issue with other points of view. Only that you expressed yours as a truth that I somehow hadnt been exposed to; when in fact it was nothing of the kind. Whether it's the assumption that I either (a) havent looked into the topic enough to fully understand it or (b) am too blinded by my own dogma to realize it; it was an ignorant statement to make because you dont know which, either or niether. You just assumed one. That, i think, is something of an insult to my intelligence.
Im not offended anymore, BTW.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
BurlyShirley said:
“You fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never to get involved in a land war in Asia. And only slightly less well known is this: never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line!”
Whatever i'm gonna start calling you Vazzini from now on....:monkey:

Angus

Jack Ass Pen Goo Win
Oct 15, 2004
South Bend
BurlyShirley said:
wow loco. I just took you off my ignore list... thought maybe you'd been rehabilitated. Guess not. back you go.
Ignore list are for Wussies! I have never used the ignore list,(finger wag) I repeat I have never used the ignore list!

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
robdamanii said:
And your point is? I don't have any gold teeth,
You should though...
That could be your "thing" when you start your practice that will set you apart from everybody else. I can see your sign now.....

Ghetto Chiro.
I'll crack your back like a forty top.

Scrait Chiropractic Fo' Shizzle. :blah: