Quantcast

perfect football food

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
steak, scallops, green beans, and garlic mashed potatoes for me tonight, i'd say that's the perfect football food.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Horseheads has a brewery now? I have had the some the Ithaca Brewery beers when I am up in Horseheads but never knew about Brickyard. Is it worth trying?

Did you know the Brooklyn Brewery beer is made in Utica (pretty far from NYC).

I drove by Cooperstown on my MTB tour this summer and forgot about the Ommegang Brewery - really pissed about that :rant:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
harpoon ale, and the Horseheads Brickyard Red that Mike B sent on to me as part of the Secret Santa exchange.
Beeradvocate gives Harpoon IPA a "B" rating. :plthumbsdown: Personally, I like it better than the higher scoring Dogfish 60 and 90, and the one with the dude climbing rocks on the label.

Mike B.

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2001
State College, PA
Pulled pork sandwich with some sharp cheddar is good stuff. I did a big ride then grilled some burgers for the late game.

narlus - what'd you think of the Brickyard? Did you try the stout yet?

syadasti - The Horseheads Brewery is relatively new and located on Old Ithaca Road, near the UPS building if you know where that is. It's a mom & pop operation selling 22oz bottles and growlers. I like the Newtown Brown quite a bit but they were out when I was in last. They were also in the process of brewing up something new when I was in last so it's time to make another visit.

http://www.horseheadsbrewing.com/beers.htm

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Beeradvocate gives Harpoon IPA a "B" rating. :plthumbsdown: Personally, I like it better than the higher scoring Dogfish 60 and 90, and the one with the dude climbing rocks on the label.
Harpoon IPA is arguably my favorite IPA. How anyone could rate it a B is beyond me.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Please tell me your Q was cooked with smoke & indirect heat for the better part of a day. I haven't had any good Q since leaving the South & the stuff in this part of the country ain't Q no matter what they call it.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
Vinigar sauce or spicy ketchup?
1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
1/2 cup(s) cider vinegar
1/2 cup(s) ketchup
1/4 cup(s) dark molasses
2 tablespoon(s) sweet paprika
2 tablespoon(s) spicy brown mustard
2 tablespoon(s) Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon(s) ground red pepper (cayenne)
1 teaspoon(s) finely ground black pepper
1 teaspoon(s) salt
1/2 teaspoon(s) liquid smoke flavoring, (optional)
4 pound(s) boneless pork shoulder-blade roast (fresh pork butt), cut into 4 pieces
16 soft sandwich buns, warmed
Hot pepper sauce, (optional)