Quantcast

Perfomance is coming to Richmond

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
Went to the Performace in Charlottesville yesterday to get some much needed parts for the bike and found out they are opening a store in Richmond. It should be open by mid March. Not sure of the name of the place but they will be located in a strip mall next to a Food Lion on west broad street. Was in another bike shop saturday getting some prices on things and was told to come back in a couple days because they were in the middle of changing their pricing to match Performance. Didnt uderstand why at first but it makes sense now.

Dennis

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
Yeah, it's been up on their site fore a bit. They are opening a VA beach store too. It's been really nice to have them here in c'ville. I'm sure you will LOVE it. They will match just about anyones prices. :D

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
mud'n'sweat said:
Yeah, it's been up on their site fore a bit. They are opening a VA beach store too. It's been really nice to have them here in c'ville. I'm sure you will LOVE it. They will match just about anyones prices. :D
Yeah I saved about $75 by driving to c'ville. Im all about supporting our LBS when you can, but Im even more about saving money and keeping the bike going.

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
BigMike said:
Yeah, the only thing that sucks is its gonna shut down Conte's. They are opening across the street!
Contes is where they said they where tring to match the prices. Hopefully they can compete. Contes has turned into a nice place in the last couple of years, hate to see them get hurt.

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
denjen said:
Yeah I saved about $75 by driving to c'ville. Im all about supporting our LBS when you can, but Im even more about saving money and keeping the bike going.
I agree, for labor that performance is not going to do for free for me, I take all my labor to Rockfish. That is where most of the profit is and if there are a few things I need done that I just can't get quite right, then I'll let Jackson smooth out the kinks. Plus they are an outdoors shop in general and I spends lot's of money on my clothes/shoes and hiking gear there.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
denjen said:
Contes is where they said they where tring to match the prices. Hopefully they can compete. Contes has turned into a nice place in the last couple of years, hate to see them get hurt.
agreed! especially because our team is sponsored by them :)

That being said, I'll most likely be working at the new Performance
:eek:

mindlessfr

Monkey
Sep 8, 2004
richmond, va
woah woah woah!!!! where the h3ll have i been this is the first ive heard of this, and where are they gonna put it if its across the street? theres a bank there

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
mindlessfr said:
woah woah woah!!!! where the h3ll have i been this is the first ive heard of this, and where are they gonna put it if its across the street? theres a bank there

Not across the street per se, but close enough.

Do you know where the Burger King is if you keep going west on Broad from Conte's? If you turn left at the BK, its on a streetfront property in that shopping center.

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
wood-dog said:
Hey Dennis, what did ya buy? I bet a chain for starters. And what else?
New chain, cassette, rear der. and a couple other odds and ends. I had the same stuff on since the bike was built 2 years ago.

zerossix

Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Arlington, VA
performance... no good

they're the evil empire and the decline of bike shops. a complete corporation, that tries to kill near by real bike shops. they dont care about bikes they just want the money. stick with your local shop, dont be so cheap that you'll give up good service and good people to save a couple bucks.

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
zerossix said:
they dont care about bikes they just want the money. stick with your local shop, dont be so cheap that you'll give up good service and good people to save a couple bucks.
While I partly agree, I guess we are spoiled at performance in C'ville. There are two GREAT riders that work there who are very passionate and helpful. I still take business to my local shop, especially labor or specialty stuff where they get a bit better profit to help support. But hey, if you can save a few hundred dollars on that new front fork, you better believe I'm going to take it unless a LBS matches the price.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
zerossix said:
performance... no good

they're the evil empire and the decline of bike shops. a complete corporation, that tries to kill near by real bike shops. they dont care about bikes they just want the money. stick with your local shop, dont be so cheap that you'll give up good service and good people to save a couple bucks.

Kind of a double edged sword here........

Yes, Performace does run out smaller shops the same as Wal-Mart and Mars Music, but..... somtimes they are the only Local shop. This is how it was where I grew up, and they had the repuatation of being a good shop, with helpful employees. You may have a problem with the company, but that does not mean that the individual stores are horrible. I have been to many Performances, and some are great shops, and some are terrible. I'm out to try and make this new one a good shop, because no one is going to stop them from coming in.