Quantcast

Performance Bicycle Shops

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Not sure if this is a "tech" topic, but what the hell!

I just got back from a week in Philadelphia (work). I visited two Performance Bicycle Shops while I was there (same as the catalog people). How come nobody has told me about these stores before!? I found some AWESOME deals there! I bought about $225 worth of stuff and only paid $125. Bought a GT jersey, a Performance Bike jersey for the wife, some socks, a pair of Rudy Project glasses, nd other stuff. I would have bought more stuff, but I really didn't need to spend any more dough.

Anyone else ever shop at their stores? I get the catalogs and have visited their website, but the stores were really cool. Not a "traditional" LBS, but more like an outlet store. It was great for browsing and picking up gloves, bags, clothes, and some parts at great prices.

Man, I shop more than any woman I know. What's wrong with me??

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Originally posted by I Are Baboon

Man, I shop more than any woman I know. What's wrong with me??
Well, after getting to know your wonderful wife..........ahh.........dude.................pull up a chair...............we NEED to talk............................. .... . . . . . . . . . .

LOL!!!!!

..........."young Jedi, She taught you well!!!!!".................

LOL!!! No disrespect ment!!!!
:D :D :D :D

KrusteeButt

I can't believe its not butter!
Jul 3, 2001
why the hell do YOU care?!
sorry baboon, didn't think it had to be mentioned...notice the ad in the upper right hand corner?
(just givin' you a hard time.:p )

Anyhow, yeah, I've shopped there plenty. My first mtn. bike, the one I just finished driving myself nuts upgrading is Performance brand. It's weird, I've taken that bike to other shops before (Performance didn't have a whole lotta stores in Illinois) and the LBS's refused to work on it, they called it "cheap". Hmmm...interesting. Those shops coulda made some cash from me. Oh well, their loss.
Anyhow, now in Denver there are three that are relatively close...I just got back from the local Performance tonight, had a long conversation with the mech. about things that I need to understand, he was awesome.
I've been shopping through Performance for about 6 years and one thing I can say for sure, no doubt, is they stand by their warrantees, no questions asked. I've NEVER had any problem returning any merchandise to them...plus, even though you bought it at a store, if there's a problem it can still be returned through their mail order/website.
Just to let you know, the website is usually cheaper than their stores by about 5% or so. Stores will match website prices, but you have to bring in a printout of the add.
Well, guess that's all I have to say.
I know that's a lot, but hey, I'm pretty hammered right now, so deal w/it. :D

R

RideMonkey

Performance gets a bad wrap cuz they are a chain and mail-order franchise. We have a performance outlet here in Boulder. Its a great store!! I have no issues with them..........

Merwin5_10

Don't Mess With Texas!
Jul 6, 2001
Austin, Texas
If you guys read the "buyer Beware Part 2" thread, you'll get a basic idea of how bike shops feel about oonline and mail oerder bike retailers.

To break tradition, I'd give my personal endoresment to Performance. (even though I work in a bike shop.) They give good service consistently and are willing to work out exchange arrangements under certain circumstances. (don't tell the other bike shops I did this or they'll kick me out of the club.:D )

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Originally posted by sirknight6

Well, after getting to know your wonderful wife..........ahh.........dude.................pull up a chair...............we NEED to talk............................. .... . . . . . . . . . .

Yeah, she's a good kid! :D Actually, if I go shopping and don't bring her back presents, I die.

KB- Thanks for the info! I always make much more sense after I've been drinking. I've noticed that Performance Bike ad before, but it never dawned on me. D'oh! Guess this thread might convince someone to check out that site.

BTW, prior to last week, I had never seen a Performance Bike retail shop. I always thought they were strictly mail-order and Internet.