Quantcast

Performance Bikes....Sad

socalpride

Chimp
Dec 5, 2006
Encinitas CA
I was shipped a Answer full face helmet, the shipping box was in perfect shape, the helmet's box, not so good. The helmet was completely cracked in 4 spots. Looking at the whole picture, i can understand maybe a problem in shipping, but the outer box was fine meaning they were sloppy and shipped me a broken helmet....It pisses me off!
*ill have to say customer support is good though...

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Problems happen when you deal with as many parts as these warehouse places. If they replaced it for you with no problems, then you have ZERO complaint.

Sorry, you said they have good customer support, so in my opinion, you don't have a problem and have no reason to start this thread.

sad panda

Monkey
May 5, 2005
Problems happen when you deal with as many parts as these warehouse places. If they replaced it for you with no problems, then you have ZERO complaint.

Sorry, you said they have good customer support, so in my opinion, you don't have a problem and have no reason to start this thread.
I agree that Performance doesn't deserve to be labeled 'bad seller' or 'a scam' in this situation, but an inconvenience is an inconvenience. I would complain to Performance, and probably let other prospective buyers know about it as well. I don't really agree with the problem as being 'acceptable.'

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I don't really agree with the problem as being 'acceptable.'
No?

You expect all merchandise to arrive perfectly intact, 100% of the time? It's not okay to make mistakes, even if the mistakes are immediately rectified to the best of their ability?

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Seriously?

Wow.

I guess there's no arguing with that. I just received a bad network card off eBay in a lot of two I bought. I informed the seller of the problem and he shipped out a replacement immediately. Seemed like perfectly good service to me.

I like to leave a little room for human error, since I'm not infallible myself - provided they do their best to fix the error. Maybe I'm just not a good enough person and should strive to be perfect :monkey:

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
wow what world are you guys living in??...mistakes happen! Performance fixed the problem and you still complain???...D

sad panda

Monkey
May 5, 2005
No?

You expect all merchandise to arrive perfectly intact, 100% of the time? It's not okay to make mistakes, even if the mistakes are immediately rectified to the best of their ability?
I understand that everyone makes mistakes, and I can appreciate when someone works to fix a mistake, but I would not say that it is OK to make the mistake. Online bike retail is a competitive business, and I think that it's good to know who is good at it, who isn't good at it, and who is working to be good at it. When I give my money to someone, I expect to get my money's worth. We may have different views on what we are paying for, and that's fine. Who's to say Performance isn't putting 100% into every sale they make, but it is the first attempt that makes the biggest impression on me.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I would not say that it is OK to make the mistake.
...and there's the rub.

You guys have simply unrealistic expectations. You're both entitled to your own opinion, of course, but I think you're both completely unreasonable in expecting zero errors. While being disappointed in a problem is certainly expected, what should make the real impression on you is how hard they work to fix it. Receiving an intact shipment is the most desirable outcome, but the real test of customer service is what happens when there is a problem, and if they make sure I'm happy, at the end of the day that's what is most important.

I am very careful about what I sell online. Everything gets photos, complete descriptions, questions answered promptly and shipments made ASAP. A guy I shipped two sticks of RAM to paid me $15 to ship to Australia, and it ended up costing me $6, so I refunded the balance. When they got there, it turned out it was one stick of PC133 and one stick of PC100 - I had no idea. I offered to pay return shipping for the lot and give him a full refund including his shipping, a partial refund just for the one stick, or if he had a better suggestion I was listening.

The guy must have been nuts, he left me glowing positive feedback. Guess I'd better post a thread about myself in here. I'm a bad seller :think:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
You expect all merchandise to arrive perfectly intact, 100% of the time?
And when you get a damaged product and the seller's customer service department takes care of the problem, they should be considered a bad seller?

I don't like the inconvenience of getting damaged goods any better than the next guy, but when that happens, you expect the problem to get taken care of which it looks like it has.

Someone please expain to me how this thread falls into either the "bad sellers" or "scams" category. Anyone?? Didn't think so.

sad panda

Monkey
May 5, 2005
...and there's the rub.

You guys have simply unrealistic expectations. You're both entitled to your own opinion, of course, but I think you're both completely unreasonable in expecting zero errors. While being disappointed in a problem is certainly expected, what should make the real impression on you is how hard they work to fix it. Receiving an intact shipment is the most desirable outcome, but the real test of customer service is what happens when there is a problem, and if they make sure I'm happy, at the end of the day that's what is most important.

I am very careful about what I sell online. Everything gets photos, complete descriptions, questions answered promptly and shipments made ASAP. A guy I shipped two sticks of RAM to paid me $15 to ship to Australia, and it ended up costing me $6, so I refunded the balance. When they got there, it turned out it was one stick of PC133 and one stick of PC100 - I had no idea. I offered to pay return shipping for the lot and give him a full refund including his shipping, a partial refund just for the one stick, or if he had a better suggestion I was listening.

The guy must have been nuts, he left me glowing positive feedback. Guess I'd better post a thread about myself in here. I'm a bad seller :think:
I'm sorry, but I don't think you got my point in my previous post. It was late, maybe I wasn't being clear enough. Everyone makes errors, some make more than others. I appreciate being let in on their errors. They shipped an obviously damaged box without checking the contents. I see that as an avoidable error. Still, I would not label Performance as a bad seller, they do a lot of really good business. I don't expect zero errors, but I am paying for a certain confidence, or piece-of-mind, when I give someone my money.

klutch

Monkey
Jan 25, 2007
dirty jersey
So you got a broken helmet and they replaced it? The name of this forum is "Bad sellers and scams."
you're absolutely right and if a company is willing to ship a broken product that's a "Bad seller". If they were as good at customer service as they are at customer support they might not be in question.

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
hmm..I think this has more to do with being Performance than a bad seller.
Now I don't love or hate Performance but they're the largest bike retailer in the world...one has to be foolish to think think all their sales go flawlessly.

Just from the sheer volume of sales they do there are bound to be mistakes. In this case they realized their mistake and fixed it. There are many companies that would make you jump through hoops and still screw you in the end.....D