Quantcast

Performance Gift Card at Supergo?

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
i thought i read a while back that performance bought out supergo. if that is so...is supergo still around and if so..do you think i could use my performance gift card there. performance has nothing but roady stuff and the occassional roady-turned-mtb-er stuff. it's all weight weenie stuff and there is no selection online
....and to think i used to work at performance in socal :help:

i guess i could just call them....but i'm too tired to talk.

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
Supergo Bike Shop - Now Performance Bicycle

Supergo Bike Shops are now Performance Bicycle, America's #1 cycling retailer. As a loyal Supergo customer, we want to welcome you to Performance Bicycle.

You can now get your store's information directly from the store section on PerformanceBike.com...

http://www.supergo.com/stores/

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Wumpus said:
Supergo Bike Shop - Now Performance Bicycle

Supergo Bike Shops are now Performance Bicycle, America's #1 cycling retailer. As a loyal Supergo customer, we want to welcome you to Performance Bicycle.

You can now get your store's information directly from the store section on PerformanceBike.com...

http://www.supergo.com/stores/

You need to put stuff in quotes or somthing! I was about to fly over there and hit you. You came off like you worked for corporate Supergo there for a split second!

I can't belive that Performance is now ACTUALLY the Wal-Mart of Bike shops. They were pretty bad before, but at least they carried good brands, and the one I worked at had a good reputation. But now, they carry almost exclusively big box bikes :(

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
BigMike said:
You need to put stuff in quotes or somthing! I was about to fly over there and hit you. You came off like you worked for corporate Supergo there for a split second!

I can't belive that Performance is now ACTUALLY the Wal-Mart of Bike shops. They were pretty bad before, but at least they carried good brands, and the one I worked at had a good reputation. But now, they carry almost exclusively big box bikes :(
I can't peak for other Performance shops because I've only been to the one near me. But the one in Beaverton isn't bad as far as what they sell and the guys in the shop seem to be ok.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
jimmydean said:
I can't peak for other Performance shops because I've only been to the one near me. But the one in Beaverton isn't bad as far as what they sell and the guys in the shop seem to be ok.

When was the last time you went in there? Did you notice no more Giant or Jamis, and a plethera of Schwinn?

They were the biggest Giant dealer in the Country, but...... Giant dropped them because they suck (according to the local Giant rep)

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
crap! so what happened to all of the good inventory that supergo had? did they just liquidate it all and decide to carry a bunch of crap? there is a whopping selection of (1) platform pedal...the pos performance brand STOMP pedal that got 1 star in reviews.
oh yeah...next thing on my list that i needed was a 36T 4-bold chainring...don't carry those either, only 5 total to choose from.

what the heck! they didn't suck that bad when i worked for them. so is supergo's stuff still online or does it divert to performance automatically (i'll probably answer that for myself in a sec...)

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I think the biggest problem with these "biking superstores" is the lack of crossover with non-cyclists.

For example, does everyone who owns a snowboarding jacket snowboard? Or the guy/gal wearing a soccer jersey play soccer? However, when I see a guy in a yellow lycra jersey, I know he rides.

Big box stores are great for the casual person. But cycling is a sport full of experts, and only a place with enthusiasts, like a small shop, can cater to them.