Quantcast

Permission to build at Counrty Park in Greensboro

Feb 13, 2005
NC
Hey,

My son (Boy Child on the BigHit Grom) and myself (Blue Coiler) rode at a Country Park in Greensboro on Sunday. Had a blast. Met some great riders!! I was most impressed with everybody's attitude. Everybody was super cool and very supportive of each other. :thumb:

Now to the point of this post. Who was responsible for getting the local gov't to agree to these stunts and actually allocate land for this use? I'm interested in getting something going over this way. Is the process you followed documented somewhere? If not, is there somebody that can provide a brain dump?

I've already sent a letter to Apex Park and Rec director and got a standard response. Looking for a proven approach.

Thanks in advance for any info. Looking forward to rolling with ya'll in the future...

haromtnbiker

Turbo Monkey
Oct 3, 2004
Cary, NC
Where you looking to build this stuff?? Somewhere local, in Apex? I would helpout for free!!

By the way, you know me, I have a haro! :cool:

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
Ive got Merrits card (hes starting a bike shop) PM me if you want it. That reminds me guys. I know a lot of us have been raving about and riding country park recently and Merrit is really the reason for all this. From what i heard hes spent a long time buggin people to get this thing done and i think everyone would agree that he and mike and the other guys have done a great job. He's starting this shop called Re:cycles in Greensboro and hes gonna carry Banshee, Iron Horse and some other brand (i cant remember) i think that the best way for us to pay him back would be to go to his shop. We all know that it is hard for shops to do well, and since hes worked so hard for us, why not do what we can for him.

ZachTheMech

Monkey
Mar 17, 2004
Browns Summit, NC
Mark Gatehouse and Merrit are the 2 people responsible, Mark heads the trails at CP, Owls Roost aka Bur Mil and Higgins Lake aka bald Eagle Trail.
Mark would probable be the one to contact as he did the proposal from what i gathered, Merrit can put you in touch with him as well im sure.

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
Yeah, it was Merritt's "vision" for so long, and Mark G. stepped up and got it through the city people. Merritt is also trying to get Kona bikes as well...

Feb 13, 2005
NC
Thanks for all the responses everybody!! I need to run to the kid's school for a bit. I hope to get back to this thread later this evening.

haromtnbiker

Turbo Monkey
Oct 3, 2004
Cary, NC
Bushwhacker said:
Hey Craig...you expectin a paycheck or something??? :nope:

Geeker...I'd be interested in helpin you get this off the ground....Probably another good one to talk too would be AllenT.
New bike parts would be nice! I would build a whole new country park with just a shovel and wheelbarrow for a Transition Dirtbag!! :rolleyes:

Feb 13, 2005
NC
Craig,

Don't worry about it. The point is that these things take time. It won't happen near as fast as we'd like it too. I do have some irons in the fire though.