Quantcast

Personal tracking/gps devices

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
I'm doing some research on those tracking devices that allows a person to track another person. something small, that the trackee can clip onto their belt or keep on a wristband.

my mother in law is no longer capable of being on her own yet wonders off and gets lost. twice, complete strangers have brought her back to her living place.

I'm doing some googling but any information y'all may have would be helpfull.

thanks

slowSSer

mnoeky
Aug 14, 2002
Stepford
go by REI and pick a green vested persons' mind about the stuff. there should be someone with knowlege about this.

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
pnj said:
I'm doing some research on those tracking devices that allows a person to track another person. something small, that the trackee can clip onto their belt or keep on a wristband.

my mother in law is no longer capable of being on her own yet wonders off and gets lost. twice, complete strangers have brought her back to her living place.

I'm doing some googling but any information y'all may have would be helpfull.

thanks
Local news did an report about them for kids......child took off on his bike dad fallowing in van. Mom and reporter stay at home....30min-1hr later they check the computer and see that the boy(tracking device) is in a park about a mile from the house.....even what area of the park (as you zoom in)

It was part of a hightech kids safety report.....along with this frog wrist thing that squeeled when it got wet, like when a kid fell in the pool.......

I would try the Seattle local news stations for a report and information. It has been a couple months though.

Sorry I can't be much more help.

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
Evilmunch said:
I wish somebody would invent something similar that would fit inside my seat tube.

I think they have something about that size but I can't find any info on them.

I saw the same thing Rhino saw but can't find that info either.....:(

drift1492

Chimp
Mar 19, 2002
Wow...I know if I had a 3000 dollar bike like some of you guys I might look into GPS for it. That would be nice.