Quantcast

Peru

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
Shit hit the fan last night.

Cautionary tale for those who dislike politican parties. We dont have them (in the strict sense) and the world without them if far worse off.

If you have some money (and it has been proved it really doesnt matter where it comes from) and are willing to move to a less habitated place and straight up gift food in hopes of gaining votes.... you can run for congress and win for as little as 5k votes.
With no real filters, no real political career.... congress is full of illegal loggers, illegal miners, money launderers, petty thiefs and frontmen for drug lords.

This congress impeached the president (on a very argueble decision) because of a constituional loophole after like the 4th try in 3 years, in retaliation to changes that helped fight corruption, and took control of the presidency and tried to pack the supreme court (who still hasnt confirmed the impeachment is legal).

So last night we had hundreds of thousands of people in the streets nationwide.... the biggest one in downtown lima, where 2 college students have died (shot to the face/chest with rubber pellets at blank range), 100+ are in hospitals wounded and 40+ are missing as of this morning.

tv wasnt covering much of it. but livestreams and ig/fb/twitter videos of cops shooting people are plenty.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
If you have some money (and it has been proved it really doesnt matter where it comes from) and are willing to move to a less habitated place and straight up gift food in hopes of gaining votes.... you can run for congress and win for as little as 5k votes.
With no real filters, no real political career.... congress is full of illegal loggers, illegal miners, money launderers, petty thiefs and frontmen for drug lords.
Here we call that the midwest caucus.

Stay safe man. You're outside of lima correct?

Last edited:

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
Here we call that the midwest caucus.

Stay safe man. You're outside of lima correct?
I live in Lima, actually. The puppet president (whose term lasted 6 days, as he just quit) lives very close to my house.
I was there yesterday at his doorstep marching with thousands of others. Fortunately, we didnt get gassed and police was pretty civilized.

There were several marches all over the city at the same time... the largest/worst one in terms of police repression was in downtown Lima on the way to the congress building.

It was pretty brutal, they cut the lights out in a blackout during the protest and brought out tanks and police were just gassing people for no reason and trying to break marches with rubber bullets and marbles shot from shotguns.
Thats was gratuitious police repression on a level I couldnt believe possible as I was watching the livestreams, they were gassing the ambulances, shooting rubber pellets at the medical volunteers... total insanity

There is still about 40 people still missing from last night, but police only reports 16 in custody... and I hope we dont get worse news later.

FB_IMG_1605393573768.jpg
IMG-20201115-WA0131.jpg
FB_IMG_1605404812028.jpg
IMG-20201114-WA0138.jpeg
FB_IMG_1605428254164.jpg
FB_IMG_1605474550798.jpg

Last edited: