Quantcast

Pffffffft.... nok nok nok

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Its nice that the 05 DHX Air aftermarket kit for the Enduro was unaffected by the bad batch of seals.

Mine is still going strong (as is punkassean's I think, but he just switched to his coil setup) :thumb:

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
oly said:
tim, whats your shock spec? I might have a loaner.....
Size stupid...

8.75"x2.5"

KR has mentioned he might have something too. i :heart: you downhillers, always saving the day for us hapless XC'ers....

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Skookum said:
Size stupid...

8.75"x2.5"

KR has mentioned he might have something too. i :heart: you downhillers, always saving the day for us hapless XC'ers....
The spec size on the extra shock Kevin has won't fit:mad: It's 7.5" X 2" Sorry!

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Acadian said:
Sorry to hear Tim! :( I've been reading so many similar DHX-a stories on MTBR - heck this guy here just got his back from Fox and it went tits up. http://forums.mtbr.com/showpost.php?p=1811780&postcount=9
i know, i have a pal who had to send his back twice as well. i knew it when i bought the bike but it was such a killer deal i coudn't pass it up. Hopefully things work out when i get it back, i've had great luck with Fox Shox and the only negative thing i've heard about Fox was the failure of this particular shock.

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
Skookum said:
i know, i have a pal who had to send his back twice as well. i knew it when i bought the bike but it was such a killer deal i coudn't pass it up. Hopefully things work out when i get it back, i've had great luck with Fox Shox and the only negative thing i've heard about Fox was the failure of this particular shock.
Hope you get that sorted out in time for when I go up to ride with you and Oly! :cool:

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Skookum said:
Cool, i haven't ridden with a out of state monkey here since MikeD, back when he was a Californian.
Hey, I'm a'coming back. And closer this time. But with less time on my hands.

Buy a chainsaw before I come riding up there again.

MD

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
An update on my shock situation...

Firstly kudos to my LBS Center Cycle in Renton, Dave and Lupe are top notch bikey folk.

Initially it was thought that my shock was to be sent in to Fox. After a call Fox confessed that many shocks have been hastily built and that the fix could be done in house if there's a mechanic there worth his salt. So after waiting about five days for a seal kit for the DHX (which turned out to be just like any other Fox seal kit) they tore it apart and sure enough it was a manufacturer foul up. Somebody neglected to put in an additional plastic washer which keep the ring from slipping off the piston.

So i have my bike back and i'm very happy. i'll get to punish the shock tomorrow and Sunday and i'm confident now that i had one of the best mechs in the PNW work on it, i'll be dialed.