Quantcast

Pharmacy Technicians WANTED

Hey,

I'm thinking about doing a Pharmacy Technician program while I wait for acceptance into a radiology program which can take up to two years or more.

Just curious as to how much a Pharmacy Tech makes starting off, and what the pay raises are?

Also, how do you like what you do?

Thanks for the input.

~J

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
My sister does that, I think she started at something like $9.00/hr, she's been doing it for almost a year now, but I'm not sure if she's gotten any raises. She's working for a Rite Aid in Utah, if it's any indication minimum wage in Utah is still $5.15 and average salries even for professionals seem to be $5,000-$10,000 less than they would be elsewhere.

I was talking to her this summer and I was like "so basically you figure out what the prescription says, put it in the computer, look at their insurance information, put it in the computer and then go and find whatever generic drug the computer reccomends then set the prescription aside for the pharmacist to check." Her response was, "you make it sound like it's easy." She says she likes her job though.