Quantcast

Philly area DH and DS? Returing to the sport after 6 yrs.

dirtwerks

Chimp
Sep 11, 2011
I'm finally getting back into DH and DS after 6 years of being out the sport. I'm now in Philly and wanted to see what if any areas are around for DH and DS or small dirt jumps? I've got a dirtwerks soft tail DS bike which needs some work to get back into riding shape. I was apart of the southeast crew back in the day racing at Sugar, Snow shoe, etc... Any info would be great our people to ride with in the near future once I get the bike back up and running. Willing to travel up to the pocono area or anywhere within and hour or two so it doesn't have to be trails in Philly. Also BMX tracks, need to work on my pumping and jumps.

olddogbmxer

Monkey
Aug 9, 2007
Launch Bike Park at Spring Mountain within one hour of downtown Philly.
$25 lift ticket with about a dozen trails. While short on vertical quite technical and longer trails than you think. Also cross country loop( don't need lift ticket) and 20 mile Perkiomen trail that goes by the mountain. Definitely a fun day of riding. Next year plans for dedicated jump line and also DS course/series. This weekend Sept 17-18 Gravity East Series Downhill Race being held on newly built course come up and check it out.

dirtwerks

Chimp
Sep 11, 2011
I'll try and make it out there if I'm not to hung over from the Penn State game on Sat. It sounds like Mt. Penn, Spring Mtn, and Blue Mtn. are really the only places on this side of the state that are public?

EastCoaster

Monkey
Mar 30, 2002
Southeastern PA
Bump.... but does anyone remember something about one of the Troegs boys being into riding and being "close to making an announcement" about parntering with one of the "major PA mountains" to open a DH park?
I can't remember details.