Quantcast

Philly/SJ for X-mass

ricebowls

Monkey
May 24, 2002
san francisco
I'll be in the South Jersey area for a week for the holidays and I was wondering if somebody could make some suggestions for good Freeride trails and DH/Freeride oriented shops. If the weather hold out then I'll be bringing my Enduro SX (unless you guys want to do a lot of shuttling then I'll bring my v10) I'm from the area and went to college in Philly so I know my way around the area but I wasn't into riding back then. I've heard the Wissahikon has some great riding too and driving to NNJ or delaware is fine as well. Any info or websites would be appriciated.
Thanks.

Oct 11, 2004
Frederick, MD
Abington Wheel Wright Bike Shop just out of Philly(Philadelphia) in Abington is downhill/freeride oriented www.awwbs.com is their website. Great Guys you might want to see if they have anything going on.
I just moved from Philly a few months ago and I understand The Wissahickon is really beat up from a Hurricane over the late summer. I couldn't verify though. I would try posting in the Pennsylvania area message board. Freeride go to the Art Museum in downtown Philly you can't get much better than that. South mountian is a place for downhill but that is up by Allentown and there is trails in Downingtown. No shuttling you have to hike your bike up then you have a decent downhill.

Just tell them Hollywood sent you