Quantcast

Phish at Fenway

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
good god. that chick in the second pic with her arm in the air looks like my ex (minus the dreads)

i hoped you punched her square in the face.

do you still reek of patchouli oil?

Riding

Monkey
Dec 19, 2006
Millis, MA
Nice Pics!

Did they have a huge tarp down on the field or something? They're crazy about that field. If you go for a tour you CAN NOT touch the grass. and my buddy was there for a charity softball game($1500/person or something) and you couldn't wear cleats and couldn't walk/make plays on the infield. It's funny that potential massive damage is OK as long as the $$ to fix it is received.

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
Phish is coming here next week. I heard a hippie say that there will be 40k people following them (?). If there's any truth to that, that's half of our population. :banghead:

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
Nice Pics!

Did they have a huge tarp down on the field or something? They're crazy about that field. If you go for a tour you CAN NOT touch the grass. and my buddy was there for a charity softball game($1500/person or something) and you couldn't wear cleats and couldn't walk/make plays on the infield. It's funny that potential massive damage is OK as long as the $$ to fix it is received.
they had aluminum panels covering the entire outfield, w/ folding chairs on top of them. the infield was fenced off; no one was allowed there (except for Phish, who sang the national anthem from the mound to start the show).

the stage was insanely high, probably about 6' or so. luckily for us shooters, there was a platform about 3' or so high that extended about 1/2 of the stage on the left side, that we could stand on and shoot from. if that wasn't there, it would have been awful, esp as the mics were 15' or so from the edge of the stage and Trey and Mike never wandered out to the front.

Riding

Monkey
Dec 19, 2006
Millis, MA
OK....since nobody else is recognizing this comedy gold, I'll pipe up and give you props for that. :thumb:
I don't think that's too funny. Now if IAB has said, "Manny Ramirez was spotted popping his head out of the famed green monster scoreboard to Allegedly share a doobie with a concert goer. When asked, Manny's only response was, "Yeah, I have a lot of free time on my hands right now so I figured I come to Boston for a Visit to see Phish being Phish."

Actually I just looked at the stats. It's funny how when you're not hitting, people remember your Ks, but when you're hot at the plate, they remember your Hits and Homers.

Ortiz 51 Ks
Bay 45 Ks

I honestly can't remember Jason Bay striking out in the last month. But it does seem like Papi has struck out everytime I've seen him. I just looked at the game log, he HAS struck out a lot in the past 3 weeks. Basically, 22 times since he was benched for the Seattle series.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Actually I just looked at the stats. It's funny how when you're not hitting, people remember your Ks, but when you're hot at the plate, they remember your Hits and Homers.
That's not really true with Ortiz. In spite of how terrible he's been this season, he is not getting booed and people are still pulling for him. Fans remember how much he's meant to the team the last five years.

The scouting report on Bay is that he strikes out a lot. He manages to make up for it though. :D

vtjim

Beware of Milo & Otis
Jan 6, 2006
North Andover MA
I don't think that's too funny. Now if IAB has said, "Manny Ramirez was spotted popping his head out of the famed green monster scoreboard to Allegedly share a doobie with a concert goer. When asked, Manny's only response was, "Yeah, I have a lot of free time on my hands right now so I figured I come to Boston for a Visit to see Phish being Phish."

Ortiz 51 Ks
Bay 45 Ks

I honestly can't remember Jason Bay striking out in the last month. But it does seem like Papi has struck out everytime I've seen him. I just looked at the game log, he HAS struck out a lot in the past 3 weeks. Basically, 22 times since he was benched for the Seattle series.
Yeah the difference is that when Bay isn't striking out he's getting homers and doubles. When Ortiz isn't striking out he's popping out, or grounding out.

Riding

Monkey
Dec 19, 2006
Millis, MA
Yeah the difference is that when Bay isn't striking out he's getting homers and doubles. When Ortiz isn't striking out he's popping out, or grounding out.
yeah, I actually had that in there but deleted it. He's hitting the ball pretty hard right now, when he hits it, but it goes right to someone. He needs to stop over trying, and just start pushing the ball the other way and getting hits.

vtjim

Beware of Milo & Otis
Jan 6, 2006
North Andover MA
yeah, I actually had that in there but deleted it. He's hitting the ball pretty hard right now, when he hits it, but it goes right to someone. He needs to stop over trying, and just start pushing the ball the other way and getting hits.
True. I liked what he said in a recent interview though, something about how he knows he strikes out a lot and is ok with it. He's pleased with his performance as long as when he does get hits they're run producing hits. Can't really argue with that.

Though it does seem that his at-bats of late have been ugly. He has trouble seeing the ball on the opposite side of the plate and gets called out on strikes because of it a lot. Not to mention the curve ball is trouble for him.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
since the thread has turned to baseball, here's a random fan waiting out the showers

later that night i saw a guy in a full Mets uniform. and a woman in a wedding dress.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Man, if an earthquake hit Yawkey Way on Sunday, then the two things I hate the most would be gone.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut

Or he needs to go back on the juice or those special Dominican milkshakes or something. :monkeydance:

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
:biggrin:

I don't like hippies but I have enjoyed a good Phish show now and then.
They do put on a good show. Had the privilege of seeing them in a small club setting a couple times way back. Not sure I'd want to see them now though.