Quantcast

Phoenician wants to ride So Cal

Vno

Monkey
Jul 24, 2002
South Mountain
I have to do my two weeks at March AFB for reserves this year. Would anyone mind recommending some trails in the vicinity. I used to be stationed at Norton so I know of Big Bear. I'm looking for anything..XC, Free, downhill, whatever. I'd like to ride after work so anything local would be cool. Thanks to all who respond, and I understand those of you not wanting to give trail names away to an outsider.

shocktower

Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Molalla Oregon
To San Juan trail ,just take the 74 all the way to blue jay camp ground ( it`s about 26 miles from you ) over the Ortega Hwy ,then there is socalmtb.com which has various directions to trails ;) ;)

spookydave

Monkey
Sep 6, 2001
Orange County, CA
Let us know when you come out. That's a fun trail to shuttle. You can climb it too. I think it's around 12 miles one way and 9 of them are down hill. So shuttling it lets you get a few runs in.
No need for a DH bike on that trail as even shuttling there is still some climbing.

spookydave

Monkey
Sep 6, 2001
Orange County, CA
Originally posted by Discodncr
There are some trails(XC/DH) at L.P.
There is some climbing and water sports there also.
Water sports out there is pretty funny!
Don't get in that water. It's freaking gross. That lake is the nastist one in all of So Cal. It gets shut down a few times a year from all the little brown babies pissing in it. NASTY!!
Trust me, I'm a boat owner, I know.

Vno

Monkey
Jul 24, 2002
South Mountain
I'll be riding a 2002 Gemini which I use for all types of riding. I'll shuttle, climb, day ride, night ride, whatever. I just enjoy being on the bike. If you ever want to ride Sedona or Flagstaff I know those trails pretty well so I can return the favor.

Discodncr

Chimp
Apr 25, 2003
Originally posted by spookydave
Water sports out there is pretty funny!
Don't get in that water. It's freaking gross. That lake is the nastist one in all of So Cal. It gets shut down a few times a year from all the little brown babies pissing in it. NASTY!!
Trust me, I'm a boat owner, I know.
Wow! That's to bad. It's been a while since I been in the water there. As far as the nastist I put my vote on Salton Sea.
The climbing there is weak also.
Mtn.biking... check the place out since your right up the street.
Vno, do you no any of the guys on FRS/FRW forum?