Quantcast

Photo from today

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
Here is a shot from today that my brother took of me in Bex, Switzerland. We ride up in the train and then there are a bunch of trails on the way back down.

and one of my buddy from last week.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
It's his funky compression settings. Bucko you see? You use to much of that custom damping of yours ;)

BTW. Man you are stylish. Mad props for you and your friend. If I will be able to come to the euromonkey meet that was purposed on RM I feel I'm gonna be seriously outclassed ;)

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
you can go ahead an post a large hi-def of that first one. That's desktop fodder.

slothy

Monkey
Sep 21, 2007
Ireland
Ben, that is a really nice shot. Thats a gambler?
Do you ever use the Ransom to freeride over there? (you being sponsored by soctt etc...) or the terrain is too much for the equalizer shock?

Last edited:

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
Those are some cool pics.

that flatty is sick. Man, those jumps in the background look pretty fun in that second pic. We don't have anything like that around here. We're lame.

swaussie

Chimp
Apr 14, 2009
As a member of the swiss riding legion, I can testify that gravity does indeed pull you sideways here. I think it all started after that atom smasher thing was switched on in Geneva :D

Bex is about a stones throw from Les Gets so I can imagine its got some awesome riding spots hidden around there.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
Haha, you caught me. Here is a downhill style pic.

Norbar, that is my little bike and doesn't have the same compression as my dh bike but it has the same angles. I like a livelier feel on the "freeride" bike.

Thanks for the props guys. Have a good day.:thumb:
I will tell you what my family allways tells me. "You don't need that many bikes. You only hurt yourself" ;)

BTW. Now I'm super envious. A lively FR gambler and a Nicely DH Tuned One.

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
Have you got any videos of yourself / trails as well? I'd love to see some.

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland

I don't normally take much time to shoot video so I don't have much footage of myself. Last summer I helmet cam-ed Steve Romaniuk on some of the trails I built over here for Kranked 8. It is only a teaser so it is very hard to tell but the stuff of Sam Pilgrim and Romo was shot here in Chatel and Morgins. http://vimeo.com/4152701

I also follow cam-ed Eric Porter in Kranked 6 on a trail I built up in the resort behind my house. Kranked 7 has a short segment of the trails behind the house as well. When I take the time to film it is usually me producing film segments for other pro riders. I do lots of bike park development and mtb film/magazine work to promote the resorts around here so the rest of the year I end up riding for me.

I will try and dig up some clips.

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
Hey UDI, JT mentioned that you might be coming over here this summer?

Here's some stuff from a couple years ago.

Here is a Ride Guide episode they did in Champery. http://www.rideguide.ca/frmSearchBike.aspx?&search=BIKE%20134&segment=3

They were here after the lifts closed so we couldn't get to most of the trails.

If you click on "segment 4" there is another episode from Chatel which is 3 lifts away from Champery.

Last edited:

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
Here is a shot of 11 year old Cyril learning moto whips. I am a BMX coach and the season just started. The train goes up to the top of the mountains in the background and is one of the spots I ride pretty regularly. The earlier photos in the thread are from up there. All the trails finish at the BMX track. Bex is one of my favorite spots over here.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
You want us to feel bad, don't you? ;) At 11 I was thinking BMX was just a little bike for little kids ;) Big props for the kid. Pretty impressive at that age.

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
You want us to feel bad, don't you? ;) At 11 I was thinking BMX was just a little bike for little kids ;) Big props for the kid. Pretty impressive at that age.
No, I just wanted to share some early season riding and get people excited.:thumb:

At the track, I have 5 kids that make me think I need to step it up or find them a better coach. They are all starting to pinn it and I have to be on my game to race with them. It is too fun. Sometimes I ride myself into the ground without even realizing.

BTW, did you ever get your bike sorted out?

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
No, I just wanted to share some early season riding and get people excited.:thumb:

At the track, I have 5 kids that make me think I need to step it up or find them a better coach. They are all starting to pinn it and I have to be on my game to race with them. It is too fun. Sometimes I ride myself into the ground without even realizing.

BTW, did you ever get your bike sorted out?
I know what you mean. I'm a snowboard trainer from time to time(still living too far from the mountains to make it anything serious) and when I see young kids do stuff I don't know in the age they can bearly pronouce the sport name really motivates me. Yet training people on bikes probably has the benefit of less stubborn executives that "know it better" ;)

Yeah, I have banshee on preorder but it won't get me for quite some time :/ Still I think it will be worth the wait.

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
I just saw there is one of the trails I built last summer in the movie 3 Focus. It is in Paul Aston's section. He actually filmed that when I was still building the lower section of the trail. James Stock's section is here as well.