photo/video nerds and mammoth...have fun

c2001

Paparazzi
Aug 10, 2001
where everyone is
if you sell one image for one penny, this applies to you

http://norba.mammothmountain.com/forms/credrequest.cfm

Commercial filming, video and photography:

Commercial filming, video or photography will require two special event certificates of insurance naming the U.S. Forest Service and Mammoth Mountain Ski Area separately as additionally insured. Policies must cover $2,000,000 in general liability. Additionally, filming permits must be purchased prior to the first day of filming, video or photography through the U.S. Forest Service. Rate schedules vary according to crew sizes and medium. Any unauthorized individuals or crews conducting commercial filming, video or photography will be fined. For information on permits and insurance, or to organize a commercial shoot, please contact Joani Lynch or Dana Vander Houwen at 760.934.0645.

Questions? Dana Vander Houwen 760.934.0603 (fax)
MMSA, PO Box 24, Mammoth Lakes, CA 93546

DH biker

Turbo Monkey
Dec 12, 2004
North East
Maybe I don't understand it right but if I do that is soooo screwed up.
Someone want to explain this is easier to understand terms?

Commercial filming, video or photography will require two special event certificates of insurance naming the U.S. Forest Service and Mammoth Mountain Ski Area separately as additionally insured. Policies must cover $2,000,000 in general liability.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
i wonder how much the "filming permits" cost.

these guys are dumbasses..

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
wait, the mtb/dh bike industry actually buys photos???

ahaha :D ;)

WhiteRavenKS

Turbo Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
neither here nor there
score, i canceled travel plans to mammoth early enough to not lose any money.

that's pretty great though- i mean people really love to deal with this kind of thing when trying to promote the sport in the media. maybe next time i show up for a race whether it's to shoot or ride i can just have someone kick me straight in the balls. :(

edit- hey shaun, can i show up and take a picture with a camera phone and sell it to you for a nickel?

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
bcd, I get this error when I try to play your .mov

"The movie file "los.txt.txt.mov" cannot be found. Without this file, the movie cannot play properly.

DH biker

Turbo Monkey
Dec 12, 2004
North East
WhiteRavenKS said:
edit- hey shaun, can i show up and take a picture with a camera phone and sell it to you for a nickel?
No, it is illegal and you will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of criminal law. A maximum of 5 years in state prison and $10,000 in fines.
This is so :stosh:

DylanDeanDesign

Turbo Monkey
Dec 10, 2004
San Diego area, California USA
You've got to be f-king kidding me....

Mammoth, Forest Service, Norba, USA Cycling, etc can all KISS MY #&@@! !%!% !!! If they think i'm going to spend a dime on them "giving me the priviledge to shoot at their event/mountain", then they are #*@&@^@ full of ! @^$*@#@ and can go to !&!@&

.....if the sport ain't dead already.....

:stosh: :stosh: :stosh: :stosh: :stosh: :stosh: :stosh: :stosh: :stosh: :stosh: :stosh: :stosh: :stosh: :stosh: :stosh: :stosh: :stosh: :stosh: :stosh: :stosh: :stosh: :stosh: :stosh: :stosh: :stosh: :stosh: :stosh: :stosh: :stosh: :stosh: :stosh: :stosh:

mammothpunks

Chimp
Sep 27, 2004
Mammoth
its forest service bull****. the insurance isnt just for this event, its for filming on the mountain, regardless if its winter or summer. if your there with a camera they are not going to be chasing you down. its mostly for big film shoots for comercials and such. I used to work in the ****ty marketting department

WhiteRavenKS

Turbo Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
neither here nor there
mammothpunks said:
its forest service bull****. the insurance isnt just for this event, its for filming on the mountain, regardless if its winter or summer. if your there with a camera they are not going to be chasing you down. its mostly for big film shoots for comercials and such. I used to work in the ****ty marketting department
good thing everyone knew about this for the past.... however long that crap has been around?

c2001

Paparazzi
Aug 10, 2001
where everyone is
UPDATE: from dana, the communications manager re: 2 photographers working the mountain and pits for photos...
--------------------
Since it's a special event, you won't need to have a permit for a crew of that size. As long as you sign up for media credentials, you'll be good to go. You can sign up here: http://norba.mammothmountain.com/ - just click on Media - then "Credential Request Form" and fill it out.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Dana
--------------------

DylanDeanDesign

Turbo Monkey
Dec 10, 2004
San Diego area, California USA
©2001 said:
UPDATE: from dana, the communications manager re: 2 photographers working the mountain and pits for photos...
--------------------
Since it's a special event, you won't need to have a permit for a crew of that size. As long as you sign up for media credentials, you'll be good to go. You can sign up here: http://norba.mammothmountain.com/ - just click on Media - then "Credential Request Form" and fill it out.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Dana
--------------------

Thank gawd...... i was gonna have to throw an ass whoopin!