Votes: 24 57.1%
  • No

Votes: 18 42.9%

• Total voters

Graphics

Turbo Monkey
Jul 9, 2006
Connecticut
How about a place where we can share "best of" photos, bike and non-bike related...place to get technique tips and share photography knowledge? Seems like there a quite a few avid photographers out there.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
thats cuz it got fixed. I think a photo forum would be a decent idea. Not for posting photos, but for actual photo discussion - techniques, equipment, etc - especially relating to mtb photography.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
jonKranked said:
thats cuz it got fixed. I think a photo forum would be a decent idea. Not for posting photos, but for actual photo discussion - techniques, equipment, etc - especially relating to mtb photography.
cameracourage is good site for this sort of thing, but i don't find myself shooting action all that much. aside from driveway street hockey. ;)

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I think that there is a small enough segment of the site that a seperate forum would just languish mostly unused... but Lounge threads on the subject typically get plenty of discussion.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
jonKranked said:
Things like that should go into the tech forum, I think. What's next? An auto repair forum to discuss fixing shuttle vehicles?

Personally I think that non-biking forums should be kept to a minimum. It dilutes the biking content of this site.

Graphics

Turbo Monkey
Jul 9, 2006
Connecticut
dirtydirtysouf said:
i voted NO just cause you wanted it:rofl:
*You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to dirtydirtysouf again.*

Oh well...I tried. Thought maybe i could persuade you. :love: So if i wanted something else...would you turn me down then? :love: :blah: :p :weee: ;) :evil:

(sorry my translator just went haywire)

Graphics

Turbo Monkey
Jul 9, 2006
Connecticut
N8 said:
:eek::eek: :hot: :nope: :looney: :weee: :dancing:
*You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to N8 again.*

I'd give you REPs every time...i'm a sucker for those icons...and not for nothing...it is YOUR translator i'm borrowing. :love: :love: :love: :love:

dirtydirtysouf

Deletated
May 23, 2006
the ghetto of winston-salem, nc
Graphics said:
*You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to dirtydirtysouf again.*

Oh well...I tried. Thought maybe i could persuade you. :love: So if i wanted something else...would you turn me down then? :love: :blah: :p :weee: ;) :evil:

(sorry my translator just went haywire)
are talking about cookies and ice cream?

Graphics

Turbo Monkey
Jul 9, 2006
Connecticut
I LOVE your new bike!!! AND THOSE PHOTOS ARE HOT!!!

(sorry, i'm back in blocked mode at work...the translator doesn't work)

Alfred

Monkey
Jul 27, 2006
Why not just chatter in the lounge and talk about bikes in the lounge, or the appropriate forums? Why make more? MTBR is so cluttered with forums that it's hard to find any good conversation. Some forums are good, but go largely unused. The general discussion has tech questions and the passion forum is cluttered with general questions. It just seems like a ton of work for admins to move stuff to the right place.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Alfred said:
Why not just chatter in the lounge and talk about bikes in the lounge, or the appropriate forums? Why make more? MTBR is so cluttered with forums that it's hard to find any good conversation. <snip> It just seems like a ton of work for admins to move stuff to the right place.
Now there's some advice that doesn't suck. :thumb:

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
DRB said:
It took you two replies to come up with that gem..... pathetic effort. Much like your e-girlfriend.

I like you better when you are on the sauce.... it's past 11 AM and you are sober, what gives?